Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: american cartoons dumber?

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: american cartoons dummer?

Like i always say, cartoonetwork's cartoons is meant solely for little kids. Is not that the cartoons are dummy and stupid, it is just that grown ups don't see anything funny in them. If you ask a little kid perhaps your little sister she'll tell you that she likes watching some of the cartoons being broadcasted on Cartoonetwork.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Like i always say, cartoonetwork's cartoons is meant solely for little kids. Is not that the cartoons are dummy and stupid, it is just that grown ups don't see anything funny in them. If you ask a little kid perhaps your little sister she'll tell you that she likes watching some of the cartoons being broadcasted on Cartoonetwork.
    Well from all the parents I have come across, most tend to watch those shows with their children. If it is either for censorship reasons or just plain old spending time with the kids, they usually find them interesting in a sense at sometime or another.

Seriously, who can watch something they can't understand or hate even, everyday for hours at a time?

Otaku kossetsu shita is off to a good start kossetsu shita's Avatar
    Thanks

actually my sister watches nick and nothing else, umm but anyways, yeah that does sound like a good explanation, when u get older u just seem to look at cartoons differently

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kossetsu shita View Post
    actually my sister watches nick and nothing else, umm but anyways, yeah that does sound like a good explanation, when u get older u just seem to look at cartoons differently
    Well obviously. We grow up and gain maturity. Since those shows are meant for children, there is bound to be a change in our taste when we move into the teenage years and adulthood. We can understand most of the world at that time and create our own forms of entertainment.

So I guess if someone were to judge whether or not the quality of cartoons has improved or not, the opinion should be expressed without preferences of taste relating to the passing of time. In toher words, expressing your opinion about children's shows you watched ten years ago when you were a toddler, in comparison to the children's shows you watch when you are a teenage. The results for these tests are usually made from the opinions of the age groups meant to be entertained.

Thanks

but compared to anime those cartoons do look dumb

Thanks

but compared to anime those cartoons do look dumb
    Anime isn't necesarrily meant for children, but teens and above. They usually involve more mature situations and complex plots that are out of reach from a child's comprehension.

They look dumb because the two forms of entertainment are usually on a completely different level. It is pretty difficult to compare the two and/or pretty pointless to do that, since the two are kinda not created under the same circumstances.

Thanks

yeah ur right, i think this convo has died. there is nothing else left to discuss, u like obliterated my opinion

Thanks

yeah ur right, i think this convo has died. there is nothing else left to discuss, u like obliterated my opinion
    Well didn't know it was that much of an wide area discussion really. You asked a secific question and I simply gave my opinon based on it. You can probably continue if you move to a vague subject with a plenty of variety such as films.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast