Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: american cartoons dumber?

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: american cartoons dummer?

Quote Originally Posted by kossetsu shita View Post
    does any1 think that american cartoons are getting simpler and dummer? tell me why or why not u think so
    I feel that American cartoons, in comparison to other ones, use too much inferior humour. There's too much slap-stick and such meant only to evoke an easy laugh. I once performed a duet by two British satirists and none of the American teenagers in the room understood the humour; even the teacher, who was well into her twenties, didn't get it. She felt it was "above their heads." (I read the same thing to my twelve-year-old sister and she fell over laughing.)

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

I love American cartoons, and I don't see how you guys can obviously say that they aren't as good as Japanese cartoons. It's not even the same ballpark. Japan is very different and they have their own separate cartoons for young kids and for teens or even adults. But America, mostly everything is family orientated .. so of course it's not going to be "as good" or "as action packed" as what you're comparing it to... you being teens.

No they're not getting dumber, they just need some new ideas. Networks like Cartoon Network and Fox really really like to drain as much money out of something that becomes a huge hit.. so they keep making more until people don't watch anymore. After all that, they finally take a risk with some new show that you love at first and then eventually hate a few years later after seeing it for so long.

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree that cartoons are becoming more far fetched and pointless. What ever happened to the good old days when Scooby Doo was popular and cartoons of that nature? I can not stand watching cartoon network during the day because of the show line up.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i have to say they are getting dumber because the smartest thing
    i saw was sameri jack or something simular but its like they dumb it down
    so they can get some kid with *MY KID WANT WATCH THAT* parent
    and it ruins it for the rest of us
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

but compared to anime those cartoons do look dumb
    You cannot compare anime to western cartoons!

It isn't even in the same platform.

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

If you look at how American cartoons used to be and how they are now then yes, I'd say they are dumber then they used to be. Trying to compare anime to looney toons is just retarded though. American childrens cartoons, and even some for teenagers aren't given near the amount of detail that most crappy animes' are. American stuff is repeditive and boring for anyone over
    13, except for samurai jack, and thats based off ANIME. Now and then you find something thats cool, or funny but not near as much anime style of cartoons. Thinking back I can name a few cartoons I loved to watch as a kid but they don't show most of them anymore, unless you watch cartoon network:

He-Man, GI-Joe, Smurfs, (Transformers, (Thundercats, (I don't even know if these are really "American") Charlie Brown "Peanuts",

and of course the ones no one wants to claim they ever watched: carebears, fraggle-rock, cabbage-patch kids, pippy-longstocking. I think I'll stop there.

Really, sit down and watch these some time, it's real hard unless you are a kid. I think that's one of the problems with American cartoons, they dumb them down so much to keep kids away from "violence" and not to show kids too much "bad stuff". Now with the above said cartoons think about what we have today; Robot chicken, Aqua-teen hunger force, (are these even "cartons"?) If they aren't dumb enough for you, you could always go watch Teletubbies.

Brothers in Arms

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

actually my sister watches nick and nothing else, umm but anyways, yeah that does sound like a good explanation, when u get older u just seem to look at cartoons differently
    Nick is getting way too realistic. I love cartoons as for myself. But man way too many shows like drake and josh and so on. Before Nick was all about good shows like Ren and Stimpy and invader zim. Since those shows got canceled I stopped watching nick and started watching Nicktoons xD;; Thank goodness for satelite.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Newbie Sakura may be famous one day Sakura may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think they're running out of ideas for stories and such, so what I see nowdays is them trying to be "random" in order to entertain todays young generation, since "random" is aparently cool. i.e. new simpsons compared to old. *pukes* I think there are only about one or two cartoons on cartoon network I can actually tolerate: 'the grim adventures of billy and mandy' and 'fosters home for imaginary friends'. Granted this may just have alot to do with personal taste though but I swear half of the stuff on there is just plain crap. As for nick toons, spongebob will always be a hero of mine. <3 Oh, and when me and my sister saw the new 'fantastic 4' being advertised we were like 'oh, so cartoons are anime now'. seems the traditional american cartoon style is only getting more anime influenced anyhow, possibly because anime is what's 'popular'.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast