Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are American cartoons getting lame to you?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are American cartoons getting lame to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    ... *sigh* Poor American cartoons... how I miss the classics.
    I am sound blind to contemporary American cartoons, so I cannot offer any sort of argument as per this topic, but after a lax search on stuff that's currently being aired on American television (cartoon) channels, I come to infer that I haven't much to say ~!!! Maybe they are not quite as engaging as they used to be ~ That's my opinion only, so that's not to say that's how it actually is or that's how people of all ages feel about it. Views and mentality change over time, just as you and society age.

I quote Soshi because I too have fondness for some classic American cartoons. I even have a small collection. They consist of:

Space Family Jetsons - 宇宙家族ジェットソン [uchuu kazoku jiettoson]
    Primeval Family Flintstones - 原始家族フリントストーン [genshi kazoku furintosutōn]
    Space [mysterious -person-] Ghost - 宇宙怪人ゴースト [uchuu kaijin gōsuto]

I also use to like Top Cat, Yogi Bear, Johnny Mystery (?), and all other Hanna Barbera [ハンナ・バーベラ] cartoons. They all had class and some special charm.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's not forget, all our favorites of the '80s (He-man, Care Bears, yes, even Transformers) were just half-hour toy commercials and sooo cheesy. Regardless of when they appear, most cartoons in America are going to be aimed at children. We just look back on the shows of our day with nostalgia because they belonged to us and our generation.

Nothing will ever hold a candle to the Looney Toons franchise. "The Three Little Bops" (a jazz version of "The Three Little Pigs") will always be my favorite cartoon of all time, and I say that as an avid anime lover.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie Armored is off to a good start Armored's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I agree but not Transformers, I love the Transformers!

Newbie corryroets may be famous one day corryroets may be famous one day corryroets's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I think that they're running out of ideas and whatever springs to mind then gets animated. What happened to the quality stuff like scooby-doo and so on. Now, it's the same stuff, just differently done. And it's like there's a competition going for how low can you go! I'm all for senselessness, but you have to draw a line somewhere.

Newbie nalevankomichael is just another face in the crowd nalevankomichael's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that the american cartoons can really entertain young mind in america most older kids watch cartoons too. The cartoon that is really getting on my nerves is transformers.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nalevankomichael View Post
    i think that the american cartoons can really entertain young mind in america most older kids watch cartoons too. The cartoon that is really getting on my nerves is transformers.
    i agree transformers G1 was the best for me they sort of got silly after
    the transformer the movie came out then they brung back optimus prime
    after having everyone think it was going to be different , i was like WTF!!
    because i was thinking the plot was gonna get better after they killed him
    off.

for me cartoon are becoming more repetitive and by that i mean
    they all have someone who is dead then by some miracle they survive
    and have been living in some cave/secret hide out/or with a long lost
    best friend or partner in crime , there's nothing original in cartoon
    at all anymore.

I'm 34 and have always loved a good cartoon but there just
    getting lazy with repetitive story lines and plots if they are getting
    board of making them then let someone else have there job that
    enjoys keeping things new and exciting like you see in anime. *cough*
    DBZ dont count * cough*
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Let's not forget, all our favorites of the '80s (He-man, Care Bears, yes, even Transformers) were just half-hour toy commercials and sooo cheesy. Regardless of when they appear, most cartoons in America are going to be aimed at children. We just look back on the shows of our day with nostalgia because they belonged to us and our generation.
    I'll agree with you that's most of the reason for most of us... but for me... well... they were cheesy, but cheesy isn't completely "wannabe"... American cartoons these days try to get every thing that's famous with the kids and turns it into some weird mutated media beast that doesn't even make sense at all. Sure, we were cheesy back in the day, but at least it was fun to watch the cheesiness.
    Heck, I'll admit that I watched the new He-man and enjoyed it (call me lame), and I liked Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century (call me lame)... they were pretty good. But nowadays nowadays, they're just... so... wannabe...
    I mean come on, how can you compare The Brothers Garcia with Pete and Pete?? ... (call me lame)
    ........... I'll admit to things that no man would dare to admit.

___

Oh... and by the way... didn't Optimus Prime die SOO many times? Why complain that he came back, you all should be used to it now... after the first movie, we all should be...

But heck, Beast Wars is still THE BEST of the Transformers, in my opinion...

___

<_< And all animes these days ARE NOT the best!
    In fact, most of them are so shallowy dull!
    So what if it's so well-animated that it's the coolest sh*t ever?? Whatever happened to storylines and plot twists that was actually human or so ridiculous it's funny?!
    Come on, our best-hitting animes nowadays are sell-out copies of the old ones! They just mixed and matched things together and claimed they were original! >_< They're awful wannabes! They sh*t on the classics! Come on, at a time, it was just ridiculously funny... nowadays, it's just an otaku's wet dream! It REALLY REALLY IS!!

...oh, and don't diss DBZ... it was our Saturday Morning adventures... like Pokemon. Don't diss that either. They were good, they were original, they didn't try to steal moments from other animes to make it good.

-_- *sigh* Darn whippersnappers.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

I still love cartoons.

And they're not getting 'lame', networks just want to make money and they're not going to risk their Saturday morning or prime time slot on some new tv show that they don't even know is going to be good. So they just overkill a show that people watch. Shows like Billy and Mandy and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends were friggin' great when they first started out, but now it's just ridiculously predictable. I guess predictability is what children these days like to see. They have little brains you know.

I'll finish up with one question: What ever happened to Robot Jones?

Oh and BTW, I just noticed this:
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/americ...s-dummer-27746
    Post your further thoughts there. Thanks.

CLOSING.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2