+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: American Gladiators

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

American Gladiators

Finally manage to catch a few shows last night on NBC last night and I gotta say if I can I will stop what I do just to catch this show from now on every week. Not many shows can get me committed like this. No doubt it was very different from the ones I saw as a kid on ABC.

This time around, all the gladiators are very gimmicky like this hairy guy who calls himself the wolf, and they still have the token white guy with the blond hair style that hasn't be around since the early 90's. Most of the events are just as exciting, and this is true reality television. I am not sure whether contestants are generally more athletic nowadays, or that NBC decide it was better to make it easier on contestants, but I find it a lot easier for participants to score.

Anyways, a good show to try out if you folks have nothing to watch on Sunday nights. And for those who watch the show just want your opinions.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: American Gladiators

I saw some of it that night. I was watch tv in my mom's rooms and then i went to get something out of the kitchen. My brother was watching it and it interested me, so i sat down and watchit. While watching it i got excited for some of the people. i said things like"GO!!!YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!!!!" i was going crazy and and all those chalendges were awsome!!! I would watch it again. I like this kinda of excitement.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to! I remember watchin' A.G. back in the day, inside my god-parent's little camper in the back yard; on a tiny B&W TV. LOL.

That show was the shizznit!! I used to play little American Gladiator games in my own back yard. When I went to basic training for the US Army, we had pugil bouts--just like on A.G.--and it's because of that show that I kicked so much ass there!

I'm not sure if the new one will out do the classic, but I haven't watched yet. All I know is that Hulk Hogan's back on TV! "Ooooohh Yeah, brother!!!"

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I havn't seen the new one yet. I want to, but I loved the old one. It was honestly hilarious to watch. My mom was watching it the night it came out, I was going to take a look but said ehh no. So really I just wanna see it if it's as good as the old one in my view.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

we used to have something like this here in S.A. but the population was not to keen on the idea, so after a few weeks on air it was stopped.
    but we had a few good athletes such as Granite, Fire who died a couple of years back from a blood clod in the brain. Spider was like you described, the token white guy with blond hair. very good at climbing.

but like I said it was canceled after a few weeks and was never seen again...
    pity. I liked the few episodes I saw.

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol!!! I saw this show for the first time last night lol and it's got my whole family hooked lol kinda funny we almost never sit down for anything together anymore but when that came on my lil brother stopped running around the house and my mom stopped cleaning and we all just started cheering people on lol very weird but fun we have to keep this up

lol
    "American Gladiator ... Bringing families together one at a time" O.o ... ROTFL lol

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to! I remember watchin' A.G. back in the day, inside my god-parent's little camper in the back yard; on a tiny B&W TV. LOL.

That show was the shizznit!! I used to play little American Gladiator games in my own back yard. When I went to basic training for the US Army, we had pugil bouts--just like on A.G.--and it's because of that show that I kicked so much ass there!

I'm not sure if the new one will out do the classic, but I haven't watched yet. All I know is that Hulk Hogan's back on TV! "Ooooohh Yeah, brother!!!"
    Yeah I know what you mean lol. We had a backyard with a deck ourselves and we use to mock this one event (they actually still have it on the new show) is with a gladiator up top with a tennis ball gun and the competitor has to either make it to the finish line or use one of the four weapons to shoot down the gladiator. Fun times.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie N0rbert is off to a good start N0rbert's Avatar
    Thanks

Goofy is all I have to say lol. I might watch it for hulk hogan being on there hosting, but otherwise I don't catch much primetime tube. The old ones weren't bad, and I'm sure this season isn't either, but I donno, just not my style.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast