+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anime and Video Game related toys and figures

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime and Video Game related toys and figures

LOL...Grr they are for display only...no touchy!...lol...but yeah one day shes gonna turn around and find dozens of figures stareing at her...lol
    Don't Panic

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coeli View Post
    Revoltechs are pretty expensive despite their size. Although I do want to get two Revoltech figures, both from Yotsuba&!
    Not exactly true...depending on where you're buying them. That goes for other figures in general as well. I've noticed that most anime, video game character figures sold in the US are nearly half the price than they are in Japan. Although the selection is much smaller in US stores ofcourse. LOLs

As for me, my collection is mainly figures from Limited Edition DVDs, etc. (sorry no pics yet, I dont own a Digi-cam anymore so...I'll do a search later) Such as:
    -Figures of the Angel Brigade members (Galaxy Angel) from the L.E Galaxy Angel DVD
    -Anita (R.O.D -TV-), also from the L.E DVD.
    -Mahoro (Mahoromatic), again, L.E DVD.

As for the figures specifically I've bought the Sergeant, aka Keroro Gunsou/Sgt.Frog, Sophia Esteed (Star Ocean -Til the End of Time-), etc.

Other than that I have (or rather "HAD") a collection of Gundam and ZOID models...which 80% of them were unfortunately destroyed in my move to the US. (T^T) Other than that years and years of Gashapon figures (mainly SD Gundam series)

*edit*
    Oh damn!! (the pic of tsurara-san's catgirl collection finally loaded without prob) A lovely collection you have there tsurara-san. *stares at the Puchiko figure* (=w=)
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Oct 21, 2007 at 08:49 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    some of my catgirls: http://www.aragami.org/sale/newcatgirls.jpg
    Some Gundam Seed/Destiny: http://www.aragami.org/sale/newgundam.jpg
    The collection as of 2 years ago: http://www.aragami.org/aiten/toiz.jpg
    You know, I used to have this big cat girl figure. She has orange hair and and was holding a sickle. Too bad I don't have it anymore, had to sell it to a friend for a low price.

But other than that I have a few video and anime figure/models of my own. Got that air ship from FFVII Advent Children, though I rather have the expensive Highwind.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie coeli is off to a good start coeli's Avatar
    Thanks

@shinku Actually, anything above Php 500 (around $10) is expensive for me. Yeah, they aren't really expensive, but I'm cheap, so.... ^_^ Also, I get some of my figures from a dealer who sells them at almost factory price so they're pretty cheap. Another source of cheap figures are from fellow-collectors who want to get rid of some of their toys to make room for new ones ^^

My collections can be found here:Girls! Girls! Girls! and Samurai, Male and Various Figures

coeliandjeff.blogspot.com

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

One thing that's hard to look out for are the companies that do "pirated" figures, kind of like SonMay does with anime albums. Of course for someone who isn't very hardcore about getting the genuine thing -heck the Japanese companies just charge you more- you pretty much get the same thing from the "pirated" figures but cheaper.

I know of friends who just refuses to buy the cheap ones and only sticks to the "legit" ones.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Thanks

I don't buy bootlegs at all. If you're really serious about collecting, you should learn how to differentiate what's bootleg from what's authentic. It's a waste of money if you end up getting a bootleg figure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coeli View Post
    I don't buy bootlegs at all. If you're really serious about collecting, you should learn how to differentiate what's bootleg from what's authentic. It's a waste of money if you end up getting a bootleg figure.
    Ironically, most bootleg figures don't differ much if at all from the so call genuine article. Personally I do not appreciate getting charged for 10 times of its manufacturing cost. The only sound reason for anyone to not get bootleg is if they are a collector/reseller. For most other commodities maybe, but most of my figures just sit in a display case.

Thanks

There are a lot of differences if you know how to look. First of all, the type of mold that they use is different. If in any case some bootlegging company gets hold of an authentic mold, the paint jobs are way different. Also, there are indicators on the boxes that will help the buyer tell the difference between bootlegs and authentics.

And they won't be so expensive if you know where to buy ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2