+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Any body played these online games?

Newbie daltwilliams may be famous one day daltwilliams may be famous one day daltwilliams's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Any body played these online games?

world of warcraft is great unless u run into someone who has hired someone to bot train their carachter

Newbie DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Please specify the thread, talk about one or two RPGs max. at the same time.
    Sorry i'll keep that in mind from now on.

Otaku The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter's Avatar
    Thanks

Stuff like Ever Quest, World of Warcraft, Star Wars: an Empire Divided, Fantasy Star online, etc... ya know, MMORPG's? if so which ones? and were they fun to you?

I've only played EQ1&2, and Star Wars and they were both fun, i have neither installed on my computer at this moment, but once i can, i intend to install them.
    When I had time I used to play WoW and War Craft 3 Frozen throne, Diablo 2, Star Craft, Battle Field 1942, Oh and Guild Wars..Yea thats pretty much it...

Astonishing Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza
    I play ever quest...well sometimes...cuz now i'm not at home much...and don't have time to be playing games...it's okay I guess..
    I never knew you were on AO...

I play Diablo II: Lord of Destruction and Soon to be Final Fantasy XI: as a dragoon named Zeffervelli (You know, I never would've guessed...)

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah I play guild wars and used to play halo on xbox live, they are really good games but they got boring.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Newbie Chilled_Cold may be famous one day Chilled_Cold may be famous one day
    Thanks

OH FORGET ALL OF THAT!! Play Guild Wars is an online mass multiplayer game that is free. They have Guild Wars (chapter 1) or a expansion/stand alone game Guid Wars: Fractions. Ether way, there both not bad. It gets really chalenging when you fight PvP or Guild vs Guild. Check it out! Normal cost, and it free to play all the damn time, or go to gamespy.com and look it up

Newbie Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes's Avatar
    In a cardboard box. With hand-drawn windows.
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Any body played these online games?

Quote Originally Posted by DHS-Alberio
    World of Warcraft
    THE GOOD STUFF

World of Warcraft is easily the most engrosing, addicting, and most elaborate online RPG of our generation. With an in-depth history spanning several published novels and literally hours of reading material all available from the WoW official website, the world of Azeroth is the most lushly illustrated and vivid land ever created since J.R.R.Tolkien brought to life Middle Earth.

The game itself is perhaps the most customizeable game on the market with over 100,000+ UI (user-interface) addons available on a myriad website (most notably Curse Gaming). With the fastest growing community of any game of its genre, it is no wonder Blizzard has found itself struggling to keep up with the insatiable demand of its fanbase. Patches, updates, and bug-fixes are released every week, if not every two weeks. The game is shaped largely due to the most popular suggestions offered by you--the gamers--via their website.

Two enormous continents jampacked with thousands of quests, monsters, items, and new adventures to discover make WoW a game experience that will virtually never end. 8 playable races, 9 unique classes, and very extensive player model look customization makes the world in which the game happens a very diverse experience.

THE BAD STUFF

World of Warcraft has 60 levels, more than most games. However, once you reach the end of the long journey to 60, you may find yourself groping for things to do. It is the often-stagnant atmosphere of level 60 with a limited number of instances to attempt and nonsensical "randomized" loot-tables that makes being a level 60 a challenge itself. It is largely because of this that many petty guild rivalries form and many servers turn into daytime soap operas because players have little else to do than farm, pvp, or do a 40-player dungeon they've encountered hundreds of times before. This is all mostly due to the fact the Blizzard Entertainment--perhaps the most widely revered non-Asian video game production company in the world--did not anticipate the rapid growth World of Warcraft has sustained.

Before the implementation of the "Honor System" and the penalty of "Civilian Kills", PvP was one of the most entertaining ways to relax. PvP (player vs player) combat would often result in massive 100+ people assaults on capitol cities of the rival empire or even fortified strongholds in remote locations such as the verdant gullies of Feralas or the accursed highlands of Lordaeron. However, PvP is more or less now constrained to the confines of Battlegrounds, instances wherein the sole objective of the encounter is to annihilate you opponents and, with the tactful (or tactless) use of emotes such as /spit, /roar and /chicken, drive your opponents into a bloodthirsty abandon so you can enrich your character through points earned by slaying your enemies. And the Battlegrounds get stale quickly, as do the wait times to enter them (server and faction dependant of course).

Although lag and latency are issues with every online game, and although WoW suffers from a very moderate and ephemeral case of it, when it hits, it hits like the meteor that made the dinosaurs extinct. Entire city populations will disappear and you'll feel as though you're walking through a ghost town--or just Old Ironforge during the development phase of the game. Lag, you will find, is also the number one excuse for any failure in the game, be it a bad monster pull or loosing in a duel.

Last but not least, World of Warcraft is addicting. Blizzard has unfortunately steered the evolution of their title towards a game that is no longer marketed towards the casual gamer. End-game instances, such as Blackwing Lair and Ahn'Qiraj 40, require you to set aside no less than 4 hours each sitting to plod through, and often it can be exasperating when none of the loot you want drops, or it does, and someone less deserving than you is awarded it. Many gamers play WoW with a passion that may be equated to many real life phenomona. As a millionaire might flaunt and cherish his Rolls Royce, so too does a WoW PvP addict advertise his Rank-14 Grand Marshal gear set. If you should decide to engross yourself in the world of Azeroth, be prepared for a long haul... and possibly some visits to your psychiatrist.

---

I hope that helped you. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me. I've entertained several characters in WoW since the beta phase of the game.
    Last edited by Badlywornshoes; May 26, 2006 at 06:13 AM.

Impossible to gauge! AnataBakaDesu may be famous one day AnataBakaDesu may be famous one day AnataBakaDesu's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm playing FFXI right now .. 75 RNG tarutaru (^.^) its so much fun! can't wait to finish exams so i can continue playing..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast