+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else waiting for Boondocks to come back?

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Anybody else waiting for Boondocks to come back?

It's a great show! It's funny! I'm ready for season 2!! I have the dvd set and I still watch the first ones! Anybody else waiting?

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anybody else waiting for Boondocks to come back?

Yeah, they need to bust out the new season soon dammit! I've already seen the first season at least twice. I'm with you on the whole waiting thing............
    On another note......have you seen Afro Samurai yet?
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Anybody else waiting for Boondocks to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    Yeah, they need to bust out the new season soon dammit! I've already seen the first season at least twice. I'm with you on the whole waiting thing............
    On another note......have you seen Afro Samurai yet?
    It least I know I'm not the only one! No,but I have heard about Afro Samurai.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

But have you seen it yet? It's on Thursdays. I thought it was cool as hell..........dude could be the Future Huey, if it weren't for both series not being connected in any way.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Thanks

Post Re: Anybody else waiting for Boondocks to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    But have you seen it yet? It's on Thursdays. I thought it was cool as hell..........dude could be the Future Huey, if it weren't for both series not being connected in any way.
    I'll check it out next Thursday I didn't know when it came on. It sounds interesting I will watch it.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Boondocks is a pretty funny show, and I do like it. However it is important to take it very lightly, because I've heard that many people are offended by the comic strip and the show itself.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

The Boondocks was great in its comic strip form, and I admit I was a little leery of it being made into a half-hour animated show. But every episode I've seen has been perfect in its portrayal of the characters, and even the voices are good. The creator of The Boondocks, Aaron McGruder, is on a hiatus from the strip according to the Tribune, so I'm guessing he's not working on or giving the go-ahead to any new episodes of the series either; it may be a while 'til we see any new eps. If you're interested, here's a link to a 2001 interview with him:

AlterNet: Boondocks Speaks: An Interview with Aaron McGruder

Interesting to note: Pyoro mentioned that some people take offense to The Boondocks. There was a article in the paper a while back about some people who wanted McGruder and Cartoon Network to apologize for and never again show the Martin Luther King, Jr. episode, where he himself used the n-word; they felt it was an insult to a great man. I have to say, I was proud of CN's response; I can't remember the details, but I do remember thinking it wasn't the sort of sniveling "we're so sorry and we'll never do it again" response that normally comes from media outlets in hot water. I saw the episode, and the insult wasn't to MLK, but to the people he strove to bring true freedom to and ultimately gave his life for, and frankly, we need that kind of wake up call.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    The Boondocks was great in its comic strip form, and I admit I was a little leery of it being made into a half-hour animated show. But every episode I've seen has been perfect in its portrayal of the characters, and even the voices are good. The creator of The Boondocks, Aaron McGruder, is on a hiatus from the strip according to the Tribune, so I'm guessing he's not working on or giving the go-ahead to any new episodes of the series either; it may be a while 'til we see any new eps. If you're interested, here's a link to a 2001 interview with him:

AlterNet: Boondocks Speaks: An Interview with Aaron McGruder

Interesting to note: Pyoro mentioned that some people take offense to The Boondocks. There was a article in the paper a while back about some people who wanted McGruder and Cartoon Network to apologize for and never again show the Martin Luther King, Jr. episode, where he himself used the n-word; they felt it was an insult to a great man. I have to say, I was proud of CN's response; I can't remember the details, but I do remember thinking it wasn't the sort of sniveling "we're so sorry and we'll never do it again" response that normally comes from media outlets in hot water. I saw the episode, and the insult wasn't to MLK, but to the people he strove to bring true freedom to and ultimately gave his life for, and frankly, we need that kind of wake up call.
    Lol, actually that was the episode that made me created the thread "what if Dr. King was still here today"

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast