+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else waiting for Boondocks to come back?

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anybody else waiting for Boondocks to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Lol, actually that was the episode that made me created the thread "what if Dr. King was still here today"
    I think if he were here today, it wouldn't be much different than that episode. The way I see it, McGruder isn't out to defame historical black leaders, but to warn the black community that it's following a dangerous path, and one contrary to the dream MLK and others had.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Anybody else waiting for Boondocks to come back?

I don't care if people find it offensive! It's funny!

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't even know Cartoon Network had pulled the Boondocks for the time being.

After the first run-through of episodes I pretty much stopped watching. Not because the show wasn't good, but because I have a limited tolerance for reruns. All told, though, I would like to see a second season. It's some good stuff and is a thousand times better than the rest of the crap-fest called Adult Swim.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan View Post
    I didn't even know Cartoon Network had pulled the Boondocks for the time being.

After the first run-through of episodes I pretty much stopped watching. Not because the show wasn't good, but because I have a limited tolerance for reruns. All told, though, I would like to see a second season. It's some good stuff and is a thousand times better than the rest of the crap-fest called Adult Swim.
    It sure does! Have you heard of Assy McGee? I don't watch that stupid show!
    Some shows on there don't even make sense!

Otaku Speed Cards Champion, Foxhole 13 Champion, Commander Keen - Marooned on Mars Champion, Block Down Champion, Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion, Animal Connect Champion, Color Reactor 2 Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Cubis 2 : Morph-Fun Champion, SputNik Champion, Blast The Enemy Champion, Prison Escape Champion, Shock Defence Champion ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103's Avatar
    Thanks

Boondocks, i liked that show until they pulled it, but Adult Swim was airing a marathon a few weeks ago and that was pretty cool.
    I've seen all you here before at the rise and the fall, lets go down and ring the bell at the Levity Ball.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ConradGuravitch103 View Post
    Boondocks, i liked that show until they pulled it, but Adult Swim was airing a marathon a few weeks ago and that was pretty cool.
    Yeah it is cool! I'm waiting for season 2! It takes a while but,I'm trying to be patient

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

yes yes yes! i herd it was taken off the air cuz of the racism. like i watched 'another n**** moment' where two thugs bump and draw guns and shoot and miss, then their like 'this is stupid' and the same thug bumps into a white guy and the guy sais "watch where you goin n****' and hes like 'o wait, im white!' AND I WAS ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
    but like allota was racist, like one episode where the brothers had a real gun fight in the house, and thats sayin all black ppl have guns, but still its funny, and maybe its been postponed till they fix that. thats wut i herd tho.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    yes yes yes! i herd it was taken off the air cuz of the racism. like i watched 'another n**** moment' where two thugs bump and draw guns and shoot and miss, then their like 'this is stupid' and the same thug bumps into a white guy and the guy sais "watch where you goin n****' and hes like 'o wait, im white!' AND I WAS ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
    but like allota was racist, like one episode where the brothers had a real gun fight in the house, and thats sayin all black ppl have guns, but still its funny, and maybe its been postponed till they fix that. thats wut i herd tho.
    From what I've read, the creator of the Boondocks has taken a hiatus of undetermined length from doing the comic strip and the show. That's why you won't see any new episodes for a while. As for the racism, yes, the stereotypes are blatant and exaggerated, but McGruder uses them for social commentary, not just cheap laughs.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast