+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else tired of this?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is anyone else tired of this?

Give HIM a whurl. Good gothic sounding music, and they have several albums, so lots to listen too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIM_(band)

YouTube - HIM - And Love Said No

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

lol. i want to listen to both.
    (and i love HIM, i have half their albums)
    all i'm saying is that i'm starting to get tired of bands like Evanescence and Flyleaf and Lacuna Coil. i think more guys should get out in the music scene. i still love those bands its just i wish there was a little more diversity.

because to me Nightwish sounds similar to Within Temptation,
    and flyleaf and lacuna coil sound similar to Evanescence.

also, in those bands they have amazing vocals, and orchestra work, but there isn't really that great guitar, which i think would sound awesome with those amazing vocals.

I like Atreyu and Avenged Sevenfold's guitar, but i'm tired of hardcore, screamo vocals because it all sounds the same after a while.
    Ville Valo is a good singer, but besides him a lot of the male singers today sound similar,(three days grace, linkin park, atreyu/ avengenced sevenfold).
    all i was wanting was a little originality, but i still love all the bands mentioned.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got news for you, there are still more guys in the music scene. Its only recently that women in the genre are getting the recognition that they rightly deserve. If it wasn't for women like Joan Jett (Famous for her cover of "I love Rock And Roll", using her as an example), music (the genre) as it is now wouldn't be anywhere as good as it is.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I love Joen Jett. I use to listen to her even when I was really little when I would wake up in the morning and turn the toob to MTV (When they actually had music videos and not the darbage now.) and just dance and sing to Joen Jett.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

whoa whoa, slow down.
    if i didn't like women in the music scene, i wouldn't post this at all.

and its not that i dont like women vocalists i just wished there were some that branched out.

and i know Joan Jett, and Lita Ford, and Debra Harry, and the woman from Heart, and Stevie Nicks and Janis Joplin, and Jefferson Airplane, and many famous women singers.
    and they were original and i like them

i am talking about about modern female vocalists in the Alternative/ Rock/Goth/ Metal genre.
    i am tired of the Genre that Evanescence, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Flyleaf and Lacuna Coil show.
    which includes 1. a great female singer 2. backed up with not so good guitar
    I would think it would be awesome if a great guitarist(male or female) was in one of those bands, backing up the great singer.

and i'm tired of the male vocals sounding similar to each other. Because go to VampireFreaks.com - Gothic Industrial Culture (for music), listen to the bands, and a lot of the male singers all sound similar. either they sound like a copy of Ville Valo, Marilyn Manson, or the dude from Three Days Grace.

and i wish more women would get into the guitar scene. pick up guitar world or guitar player and its shrouded by men, with few exceptions. (The Great Kat)
    and its probably the men's fault they can't get into the scene, and it sucks, because i've seen girls on youtube that can seriously shred.

i'm tired of all the dudes in the music scene, and the women in the genre stay in the same kind of bands.
    i'm not trying to offend anyone, or trying to say that men or women don't deserve recognition, i just wish there was more originality, and that they would mix or blend with each other a bit more.

(by the way, i love all the bands mentioned, so don't think its just because i dont like a certain band)

Newbie majorMotoko is off to a good start
    Thanks

Bittersweet by Apocaylptica is kinda what your looking for I think. Though I can't recommend the entire album because they are instrumental with guest singers. The Haunting (Somewhere in time) by Kamelot is also a pretty good example I can only recommend songs because most of these are power metal singers that do one or two gothic songs for show. Oh and if you like Nightwish I recommend After Forever, Epica, Edenbridge, and I know a couple more so if you like those and would like to know more.

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    I love Evanescence, and Within Temptation.
    but is anyone else getting kind of tired of bands with great female singers.
    yeah. Paramore is starting to get boring to me. And, that's why they came out with metal! Or not unless you hate metal, lol. yea. And, all the hot. Male singers. Like Gerard way. I lost interest in him cause, he made babies with some girl from mindless self indulgence. And, i love My chemical romance <3! They don't suck at all. And, i was so dissapointed when they had the concert for the black parade is dead. :'(

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want an excellent female singer, look up Nightwish from about 1999-2004. Tarja Turunen was an amazing vocalist, as she had a very haunting operatic voice. I suggest the song "Sacrament of Wilderness" to get you going, as it really displays what she can do as well as what the keyboardist has in the way of orchestral sounds.
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast