+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aqua

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

Aqua

Has anyone heard of Aqua??? If you have than what is your favorite song of theirs! ^^ Mine would be superstar since it's pretty funny and catchy to me! Oh and if you haven't then :
    Aqua was a Danish dance/pop group, best known for their 1997 breakthrough single "Barbie Girl". The group formed in 1989, and achieved huge success across the globe in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Although often criticised by the media, the group managed to top the UK Singles Chart with their first three singles, a feat few artists have achieved. The group released two albums, Aquarium in 1997 and Aquarius in 2000, before splitting up in July 2001. The group sold an estimated 28 million albums and singles.[1]

In their prime, Aqua managed to make the singles chart top ten in a number of countries where European pop acts would not normally succeed, including the United States, Australia and Japan. The group also caused controversy with the double entendres in their "Barbie Girl" single, with the Barbie doll makers Mattel filing a lawsuit against the group. The lawsuit was finally rejected in 2002.

The group consisted of Lene Nystrøm, René Dif, Søren Rasted, and Claus Norreen. All the members were Danish except Lene, who was Norwegian. Since their 2001 split, Lene, René and Søren have all achieved solo chart success, and Claus has continued in the music industry remixing other artists' material.

「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Aqua

yeah i heard of them a pertty cool band my fav song is barbie girl, dont know why, there somthing catchy about that song

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

haha i used to LOVE them lol

i tought the funny one was babie girl XD HAHA

and bumble bee

but i LOVED dr jones XD haha im such a nerd i still like that song lol

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Ugh, I'm holding you responsible for reminding me of... that.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KuwiRules145 View Post
    Has anyone heard of Aqua???
    My word, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I remember the height of their popularity . . . I never heard a song (living under a rock as I did) but EVERYONE WAS ALWAYS SINGING THEM!!!!! I went to school ("I'm a Barbie Girl . . ."), I went to the dentist ("Dr. Jones . . ."), I went EVERYWHERE and their music FOLLOWED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aqua's songs get stuck in your head like gum in your hair: you're a bit disgusted and you CAN'T GET IT OUT.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

lol Now that's a song that I haven't heard in a long time. But the funny thing is, all you have to do is mention it, and the whole thing came back in a flash. AHHH now I can't get it out of my head!! But it was a good catchy song.

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

I have to agree with the rest of the people here. barbie girl was my favorite song too. anyways what ever happen to the band? I have not heard of them in a while.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

i like them very much and i love a lot of their songs but my favorite song got to be "Heroes" i don't remember exactly the name ... correct me if i'm wrong plz ... but yeah it is the best of the their songs to me ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast