+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Armed and Famous

Newbie PiPod may be famous one day PiPod may be famous one day
    Thanks

Armed and Famous

What do you think about giving celebrities guns and the authority to become cops for a small town and filming it? It doesn't really seem fair, or sets a good example when celebrities, such as Jack Osborne, who have a history of drug use are given guns. They are trained and given the ability to apply deadly force by a television network in the name of ratings.

I don't think it should be taken that seriously, since they are just being trained to the point of ride alongs in Muncie, IN. Doesn't seem like they'd have too much violent crime there. The previews look like their all having fun and learning cool cop stuff.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Armed and Famous

Quote Originally Posted by PiPod View Post
    I don't think it should be taken that seriously, since they are just being trained to the point of ride alongs in Muncie, IN. Doesn't seem like they'd have too much violent crime there. The previews look like their all having fun and learning cool cop stuff.
    It's probably better that they do it in a small northern town that probably does not have a lot of crime. I doubt they're given anything terribly serious to do as they are not the right guys to do it. However, I hate the fact that there is going to be a show about it all. It shows just how far the media is willing to go to get their ratings.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Armed and Famous

Quote Originally Posted by PiPod View Post
    What do you think about giving celebrities guns and the authority to become cops for a small town and filming it? It doesn't really seem fair, or sets a good example when celebrities, such as Jack Osborne, who have a history of drug use are given guns. They are trained and given the ability to apply deadly force by a television network in the name of ratings.

*image deleted*
    They need to defend themselves too. It's no big deal to me.

Edit by Silverskater*
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Jan 08, 2007 at 11:04 PM.

Newbie roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly's Avatar
    Thanks

how often do cops use guns anyway? they're like resorts or something aren't they?

i reckon they're taking this a little too far now. being a cop is hard work and takes so much dedication to the job, just throwing in random "celebrities" and giving them a badge can't be doing much for the actual policemen's pride for their work.

Newbie PiPod may be famous one day PiPod may be famous one day
    Thanks

I saw the last night, and I think that the cops made it clear to the celebrities that they weren't messing around and to take things seriously. The cast took their training (seemed a little short) and their ride alongs pretty seriously.

"No Jacking Around" was what they told Wee-man (Jackass) and Jack Osbourne. and they didn't.

Newbie hapa may be famous one day hapa may be famous one day hapa's Avatar
    Thanks

This show is excellent! I love it. Did you see last night's episode? The part where Trish Stratus goes on the call with that dancing, pool-cue waving old crazy was truly great. She's like "we have to treat everyone with respect" and she did, I loved it. She just seems so confident, which is probably the reason she became an athlete in the first place, whereas the rest of the cast seems so underconfident, which is probably the reason they became celebrities in the first place...

+ Reply to Thread