+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Artist- Rei Fu

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

Artist- Rei Fu

I have listened to 2 cd's recently. These are by Rei Fu. If anyone doesn't know, she did the song "life is like a boat". This was the ending song of the first season of "Bleach"

Her Japanese and American seems to be both fluent and amazing. She is a very talented singer, and I haven't heard many like her kind where I come from.

For added discussion, compared to other singers from Japan, how does she compare (keep in mind her bilingual genius).

Oh, one last thing, I would be stupid without letting you have a chance to listen to what she sounds like, so here is her myspace page that has some streaming songs of hers.

www.myspace.com/riefu

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Artist- Rei Fu

Quote Originally Posted by Youth-anime-fan View Post
    I have listened to 2 cd's recently. These are by Rei Fu. If anyone doesn't know, she did the song "life is like a boat". This was the ending song of the first season of "Bleach"

Her Japanese and American seems to be both fluent and amazing. She is a very talented singer, and I haven't heard many like her kind where I come from.

For added discussion, compared to other singers from Japan, how does she compare (keep in mind her bilingual genius).

Oh, one last thing, I would be stupid without letting you have a chance to listen to what she sounds like, so here is her myspace page that has some streaming songs of hers.

www.myspace.com/riefu
    It's no surprise actually, she spend a major part of her life studying in New York if I remember right. And if I remember another thing right, her style is very guitar based.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

She's not bad. Her English is fairly good because she spent a considerable part of her life in the USA (grew up there? worked there? not sure). I wouldn't say she has amazing English, though... then again, I've never really heard her speak in English; just sing.

I don't particularly like her songs, though - they're quite boring imho. Life Is Like A Boat was oookkaaayy... for a while, until I listened to her other songs and found that all of them sounded too similar.

If I had to recommend a better bilingual artist/band, it'd be Ellegarden.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

on her myspace, ive listened to the featured song playing and it is so soothing, the piano is rele good and her voice is beautiful and her emotion she puts into the song is evident and the song was called Until I Say. and for Decay, the guitar is rele great and the flow by rei fu is great, its fast but not rushed and her lyrics are thought inspiring. im a man of rap and hip-hop but forsure i will try to find more of her music
    '

thx for postin this thread

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Thanks

Yes, her songs all seem to have the same mellow-style sound to them. However, they are all unique in thier own way. I'm aware of 2 of her albums that are out, but I'm not sure if there are others out or on the way...

It would be quite awsome if she put out another album, because I am a particular fan of the softer kind of music. But I think it would be nice if she made some songs with a more "rock" type atmosphere.
    Oh, and is Ellegarden a Japanese band???

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup, Ellegarden is indeed a Japanese band. Most of their songs are in English, though. Their vocalist worked in the USA for a while. Ellegarden's lyrics don't make much sense but the grammar's good... it's just that the words don't mean anything.

Rie Fu singing rock? I'm not sure... X( When Nakashima Mika started singing rock ballads for NANA she didn't sound too good...

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Youth-anime-fan View Post
    Yes, her songs all seem to have the same mellow-style sound to them. However, they are all unique in thier own way. I'm aware of 2 of her albums that are out, but I'm not sure if there are others out or on the way...

It would be quite awsome if she put out another album, because I am a particular fan of the softer kind of music. But I think it would be nice if she made some songs with a more "rock" type atmosphere.
    Oh, and is Ellegarden a Japanese band???
    well ive tried on bearshare (downloadin) and one song came up, that was already on myspace and im askin, fan, where did u get the album, cuz i would consider purchasings rei's album

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Thanks

I've gotten her rose album, and her 1st album with "life is like a boat" in it.

You can go on amazon and buy it import for 40 dollars.

OR.... you could use some sort of peer to peer filesharing program like bittcomet and go to mininova.org and illegally download it.
    But that would be unethical...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast