Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian Music

Otaku Alchemy II Champion Shizuka is off to a good start
    Thanks

Asian Music

Well lately, a couple of threads about Asian music having been popping in AO. So, I was just wondering...the members out there do any of you guys listen to music from Asia? If so what genres, bands, or language you listen to that come from Asia.

As for me I think my favorite type of music come from Japan and Korea. It's really nice and refreshing to listen to a different type of music that I am used to listening where I live. I mainly listen to:

Japan:
    KAT-TUN
    Gackt
    NewS
    Koda Kumi
    Ayumi Hamasaki
    Girugamesh
    alice nine.
    Utada Hikaru

Korea:
    Dong Bang Shin Ki
    Super Junior
    SHINee
    BoA
    The TRAX
    2PM
    Big Bang

I was also wondering for those of you who listen to Asian music...how did you find it? And why do you like it. In my personal opinion and please don't take this to heart IT'S PLAINLY MY PERSONAL OPINION, I am not saying you have to agree with it either.

The reason why I like Asian music, is because in my opinion I think they have more talent and actual musical talent then current American Musicians. I know it may be a little bit stereotyping, but half of the songs I hear these days that are aimed for teens and youngsters are sick! Always taking about sex, girl, money or some type of violence. To me that isn't music but just trash mixed in with some overused beats. For me Asian music actually offers something with a meaning and something I can relate to, sure that sometimes Asian music can be a little "dirty and provocative" but hey its variation and they don't go overboard like American singers. But, perhaps what I treasure the most about Asian music is that a lot of times the band or singer themselves compose the lyrics and music...that for me means a lot more than a song that was produced by someone else for someone else.

Not only do Asian singers in my view seem to have more talent but they also put more effort into their work. They spend years and years trying to perfect their skills in singing, dancing and some occasions acting. You don't see them going around doing stupid things and doing nothing. Sometimes I think they work too much the Asian singers...also overall they seem to be more down to earth and simple.

I also think that mainstream Asian music is more varied, you got Pop, R&B, Rock, Visual Kei, Acapella and etc.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the world blind"- Ghandi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shizuka For This Useful Post:

SweetCandi (Jun 04, 2009)

Newbie dj heavoir is off to a good start dj heavoir's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Asian Music

From Japan:
    Aya Matsuura (found in iTunes)
    Inoue Joe (found in Naruto OP)
    HALCALI (found in Naruto EN)
    Malice Mizer (found in friend)

I like Japanese music because JPOP has it's own unique style which I like
    I also like Malize Mizer which is a metal band from Japan
    Im part Japanese so Im not surprised to like this type of music

Newbie dantay6 may be famous one day dantay6 may be famous one day dantay6's Avatar
    Thanks

i havnt heard alot but one of my favourite bands are D. quite amazing in my opinion.
    i got into the type of music mainly because of anime. i can only speak english though so i cant understand it at all

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
    Well lately, a couple of threads about Asian music having been popping in AO. So, I was just wondering...the members out there do any of you guys listen to music from Asia? If so what genres, bands, or language you listen to that come from Asia.
    Asian music? .. hmm .. well, I listen to many many asian music; I listen to Chinese, Turkish, Arabic, Philipino, Korean & many others

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
    I was also wondering for those of you who listen to Asian music...how did you find it? And why do you like it.
    Coz I'm currently living in Asia! & I definetly agree w/your opinion ^_^

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Shizuka, you should add Anna Tsuchiya and Olivia Lufkin to your Japanese list. Both artists did amazing work on the Nana anime (and have awesome music besides the series related stuff).

Amazon.com does sell music from foreign artists, so you might want to give them a try.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Well, don't really know much about asian and japanese music but the few songs I've listened to were very funny and indeed to my liking! Because they are something completely different than the songs I normally listen to and very refreshing. I also like those cute japanese voices. <:
    So I don't have much songs and I can't listen to them all day long but I definitely like to hear to them sometimes.
    But it's nice that you listed some, I'll search for them on youtube. Maybe I find some good tunes!

I don't think it's better than American music, it's just completely different. If you search a bit, you'll find some good American music also. It's not like there's just that mainstream stuff in America. ^_^
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

OK! to be true my self love asian musics especially those of japanese..
    Just love the way of voices tones everything!
    Here some of my fave singers/bands:

Nana Mizuki(From Mahou Shoujo Ririkaru Nanoha)
    Mami Kawada(Shakugan No Shana )
    KOTOKO(Shakugan No Shana)
    YUI(Bleach)
    T.M Revolution(Gundam Seed and GS Destiny)
    Flow(Naruto and Code Geass)
    Ikimono Gakari(Naruto and Bleach)
    Eufonius(Noein)
    Kiyoharu(Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge)
    Beat Crusaders(Beck)

I love Japanese musics as much as my own country music....
    I thank GOD for giving such ears for music!
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Otaku Alchemy II Champion Shizuka is off to a good start
    Thanks

Aceman67 I already listen to them...although I like Olivia a little more than I do with Anna. But, I agree they are both really good. LOL and don't worry I listen to wayyy more artists than I listed... ._.; if I listed them all it would be around 170 artists...I just listed the ones I listen to often.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the world blind"- Ghandi

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast