View Poll Results: How did you find the film Australia?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

2 25.00%
  • Average

1 12.50%
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Haven't seen it

5 62.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Australia (2008 film)

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Australia (2008 film)

Australia is an Australian epic romance film directed by Baz Luhrmann and starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. The screenplay was written by Luhrmann and screenwriter Stuart Beattie, with Ronald Harwood also later credited. The story takes place before and during the bombing of Darwin in Australia during World War II. Production took place in Sydney, Darwin, Kununurra, and Bowen... Fox announced that it had pushed back the release dates in both Australia and the United States to 26 November 2008, with subsequent worldwide release dates throughout late December and January 2009... [Excerpt from Wikipedia]

See article Australia (2008 film)
    I saw the film on Sunday night, and honestly, I loved it to bits. I'll admit that I was actually expecting a bit more out of it, so I was a tad disappointed, but that doesn't mean I didn't love it. Public expectational standards here were particularly high, which is understandable. Although there were flaws (there is no such thing as a flawless film), it was still a great film. Incredibly long but not once did I find it boring. Outstanding performances by both Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman (named the Sexiest Man Alive of 2008 by People Magazine, and I wholeheartedly agree with that), and lavish scenery of the Australian outback (I've never actually been out there before. How shameful lol), it did take a little while to get into though.

I would've seen the film earlier, but the release date of last weekend clashed with my exams the following week.

So what does everyone else think of the film?

If you haven't seen it yet, please head to the movies ASAP. =]

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Australia (2008 film)

I haven't seen it yet, but im looking forward to it. I love these period piece epics, so ill see it soon, and then weigh in my opinion.

PS: Did it do your country proud mystical shadow angel?

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but im looking forward to it. I love these period piece epics, so ill see it soon, and then weigh in my opinion.
    It's nice to know that someone outside of Australia is looking forward to it. Hurry to the movies! It'll definitely be worth the $10-15. Well, at least it was for me. It's pretty long though, so you might wanna bring a pillow or something. I did lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    PS: Did it do your country proud mystical shadow angel?
    Hell yeah. We have such a beautiful country, so it's about damn time we showcased it to the world in high definition. Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman were added bonuses as well.

Just call me dani lol.

Newbie dark anime prince may be famous one day dark anime prince may be famous one day dark anime prince's Avatar
    Thanks

I liked the film a lot actually. As an Australian, I felt that I had some sort of obligation to watch it, so yeah I'll admit that I wasn't expecting that much. I've never been very interested in Australia's history before - I'm not a history type of person, if that makes sense. But this film was pretty good. It might have something to do with the fact that I enjoy epic films, but whatever, it was still good. I don't see why the girls are drooling over Hugh Jackman though - he's not that good looking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark anime prince View Post
    I liked the film a lot actually. As an Australian, I felt that I had some sort of obligation to watch it, so yeah I'll admit that I wasn't expecting that much.
    I felt a little obligated to watch it as well. I mean, check out the title of the film lol.

I don't see why the girls are drooling over Hugh Jackman though - he's not that good looking.
    *Gasp!* Say what?!

Newbie dark anime prince may be famous one day dark anime prince may be famous one day dark anime prince's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    I felt a little obligated to watch it as well. I mean, check out the title of the film lol.
    Damn straight lol. To my fellow Australians who haven't seen the film yet - shame on you all.

*Gasp!* Say what?!
    Lol, so sue me for being straight. Watcha gonna do about it?

Thanks

Damn straight lol. To my fellow Australians who haven't seen the film yet - shame on you all.
    You wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't hassled you non-stop about it. Admit it. xD

Lol, so sue me for being straight. Watcha gonna do about it?
    Switch your female pr0n posters for male ones.

I can't believe how badly this film's doing at the US box office though. I mean, it set the record for the highest grossing opening weekend for an Australian film. No one wants to see a film "down under"?

Thanks

You wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't hassled you non-stop about it. Admit it. xD
    Haha the point is, I saw it, and that's all that matters.

Switch your female pr0n posters for male ones.
    You wouldn't!

I can't believe how badly this film's doing at the US box office though. I mean, it set the record for the highest grossing opening weekend for an Australian film. No one wants to see a film "down under"?
    Just say there was a film called "USA" or "Great Britain" or "France". Would a lot people in Australia watch it?

Actually, they probably would lawl. But, you kind of get the point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast