+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad dialogues.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Bad dialogues.

When it comes to translating Japanese games into English, it's old news that things will get lost in translation plus bad grammatical errors. But this is nuts.

Gametrailers.com - by Shinko

...that's what she said...(lol I couldn't resist)

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bad dialogues.

That's almost on par with "All your base are belong to us"!
    Why hello there!

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it just me or does this ... dalogue...uh.. sound really, really dirty... ok its a really dirty clip for a standard game, or somthing.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    Is it just me or does this ... dalogue...uh.. sound really, really dirty... ok its a really dirty clip for a standard game, or somthing.
    yeah...that's kinda the point

from what my friend told me the female voice actor was the same who was Haruko in FLCL

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    yeah...that's kinda the point

from what my friend told me the female voice actor was the same who was Haruko in FLCL
    Did they really put this part into the game, or was it like this for the entire version?
    This world is corrupt

Thanks

In the page comment someone said the Japanese version of the scene was only hug and that's it. So apparently it was added on?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    In the page comment someone said the Japanese version of the scene was only hug and that's it. So apparently it was added on?
    Ok I just going to stop now, I dont want to continue on the dirty game but why do the jap want to do a dirty clip to be a bonus.
    This world is corrupt

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

See, this is exactly why I dont like to play translated version of games. But this is just sad. Sure, there have been bad translations in the past that took some things out of context or added or removed unnecessary things, but this...I can only think the translators were having a little fun for themselves.

...this was kinda upsetting as "Ar Tornelico" is one of my favorites for the PS2. I didnt even realize this was being said as I changed the voice settings to Japanese as soon as I started the game so I generally ignore the text in the message boxes. Way to ruin a rather dramatic scene.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast