+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Balls Of Fury

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Balls Of Fury

Who saw this movie? I saw it and thought that it was really funny and stupid. If you have not seen it, dont feel bad because it will be out for a while.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Balls Of Fury

well the movie was pretty funny. most of those movies dont rele have a plot, its just jokes and puns throught the whole movie. IMDB gave the movie a 5/10 (which i rele think is generous) and said that
    Not the greatest "stupid movie" made, but it certainly made me giggle.
    and it has dropped 37% in popularity partly because it was a decent/bad movie and its old...

some of the comments are funny tho, like this one

This has to be, quite possibly, the dumbest movie I have seen in a very, very long time.

However, that is not necessarily a bad thing. I don't think there was a single moment in this film that purposely wanted any smidgen of intelligence whatsoever.

And, heck, the reason I went to see this movie was because I thought it looked funny. And, guess what? I laughed. I don't know if this will go into the treasury of greatest stupid movies ever made, but it did leave me with a smile on my face.

I think it was because it was ping-pong. Yes, I like a good game of ping-pong as much as the next person, but come on. It's ping-pong. Just try telling that to these characters. The fact that anyone could take so slight a game so seriously cracked me up.

And that's where this movie works.

It's pointless, silly, and down-right brain cell killing. But I found myself forgiving everyone because they were so good-hearted in waltzing around with their idiotic humor.

No, it will probably not be nominated for Best Picture. But as for dumb comedy goes, this nicely held its own.
    Balls of Fury (2007)

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I felt like I was watching Dodge Ball all over again for some strange reason. Lots of nonsense and quite a few laughs. Some jokes weren't that original but overall I enjoyed it.

I give it a 6/10. It could have been way better.

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't see it. My boyfriend did though and he said it sucked. I'm guessing it was just so stupid that it wasn't even funny. There is stupid funny then there is just so stupid you can't be funny. Also the story line just isn't something that interested me.
    Dear Dinah...

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I felt like I was watching Dodge Ball all over again for some strange reason. Lots of nonsense and quite a few laughs. Some jokes weren't that original but overall I enjoyed it.

werent the directors of Dodgeball and Balls Of Fury the same? and these days, alot of parody movies are based on the same plot and idea, hence they all look the same. yuck! :barfs:

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post

Thats what a lot of people said but to be honest I thought that it was better than dodgeball.. I mean I liked this movie better.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Newbie Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc's Avatar
    Thanks

It was funny in a sense. Although there wasn't anything that made you laugh for ages. Nor was anything origional really. The best surprise was probably Dragon, that's about it. Even I saw through the ending. Shesh. Dodgeball was better.

It's like, Ping Pong + Evil Guy + James Bond Wonnabe + Hot Japanese + Bad Plot.

Naruto Shippuden >> 51 | Gundam 00 >> 24 | FMA >> Ch. 81

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to go see this movies and knowing that this will make me laugh I probally see it now.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast