+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Batman: Gotham Knight (Anime Style)

Newbie Vermillion is off to a good start Vermillion's Avatar
    Thanks

Batman: Gotham Knight (Anime Style)

So has anyone seen the preview for Batman: Gotham Knight? It looks very, very good. the art designs, just look very detailed and looks like they took their time on it. It's not really a "anime" as it's not made in japan though, so I decided not to put it in the Anime section. But Gotham Knight is six interlocked episodes made into a movie showing how Bruce Wayne becomes "The Dark Knight" all six episodes have different artist on them.

Release date is July 8th, 2008. I would post a trailer to this, but I think I read in the rules you're not allowed to post licensed material, so just look it up on Youtube if you're interested.

"I'm the best there is in what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice." -Wolverine

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Batman: Gotham Knight (Anime Style)

I'm liking the orchestral music so far.

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

I just saw the Gotham Knight trailer and it looks awesome! I can not wait till it comes out. The fact that it is 6 different stories by 6 different directors woven together into one movie is outstanding. It should be very enjoyable.

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

It Looks SICK! can't wait to go watch the dark knight but the anime style dark knight looks really good i must say it looks very well done.

Newbie Vermillion is off to a good start Vermillion's Avatar
    Thanks

Good to see people here are liking it! But their is two versions of the DVD, Special Edition and Regular (as most DVD's these days) and it'll also be on Blue Ray. This is what the special edition has on it for those interested:

The two-disc and Blu-Ray editions of the film will contain the above mentioned special features as well as a documentary titled Batman and Me: The Bob Kane Story, a featurette exploring Batman and the Gotham villains he faces titled A Mirror for the Bat and four episodes of Batman:The Animated Series (see below), presented by Bruce Timm.

The four episodes of Batman that will be attached are:

* Heart of Ice
    * I Am the Night
    * Legends of the Dark Knight
    * Over The Edge
    and the single disc (which is also on the 2 disc) includes this:

The special features on the single-disc edition will contain an audio commentary of the film by Gregory Noveck, Dennis O'Neil and Kevin Conroy, as well as a sneak peek at the next movie of the DC Universe Original Animated Movies line: Wonder Woman.

"I'm the best there is in what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice." -Wolverine

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

I just watched all the episodes/movie except one which is called "Deadshot"... To me all the artists had their own unique style of animation to them. The artists who did the one called "Have I Got A Story For You" was the only artist(s) I had a problem with < I really didn't care for how they drew their legs, but in the end it all worked out for the whole style in general...

The second episode called "Crossfire" was the one I thought they captured Batman at his best in striking fear in villains.

The third episode called "Field Test" I liked cause it showed us how Bruce Wayne/Batman actually has technology to be more unstoppable, but choose not to cause of the safety of others.

The fourth episode called "In Darkness Dwells" I liked because the way the artist(s) did the villains Croc, but especially the Scarecrow... They made them to be more insane & lethal in my opinion.

The fifth episode called "Working Through Pain" was good because I got a better understanding on why the Batman seems to feel no pain, but then again carries around a whole heap on his own.

The sixth episode is called "Deadshot" which I haven't watched, but know it is about the sharpshooter Deadshot... I am about to watch it now!!!

In all I think that one of the artist(s) should take over & make a new series... It would be cool if the artist from Crossfire would be behind the project of Batman & the artist(s) in Darkness Dwells should be behind the villains. Just in my opinion though!!! ^_^

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

+ Reply to Thread