+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Beautiful Mind

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

A Beautiful Mind

This was a movie that was in 2001 (was sure it was not that old) starring Russell Crowe the same game from The Gladiators. Got a chance to saw this movie last night on some channel and was wondering if anyone else here have seen the movie. The channel summary gave the movie a 4-star rating, and while I agree it was a great film I'm not so sure it warranted 4 stars.

Basically this movie is about John Nash (Crowe) who was a very very smart mathematicians. We see him at Princeton trying to come up with an original idea for a paper. The movie continues on years later and supposedly he was approached by the government to do cryptography to figure out where a stolen portable bomb was located. The plot isn't as dull and simple as I explained it but I would give away the storyline if I were to give any more details...

A Beautiful Mind (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Great acting, especially Crowe and his mannerisms (the twitching, being introverted, etc.) Check out the movie if you have time to waste.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie nickhoge is off to a good start nickhoge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A Beautiful Mind

Well, I've seen this movie too and kinda share your opinion on it. It is a good movie to watch but not really all that. It does come closer to good movies like 'Requiem for a dream', 'Crash' and 'Lost In Translation' when it comes to drama. But those movies I just mentioned are way better if you ask me

Also, I really think that crowe is a good actor, though the way Jennifer Connely acts is much better. She is really talented which is why I'd recommend you to watch Requiem For A Dream, that movie really makes you feel a whole lot of things. So if you haven't seen it, please do!

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

That's one of my favs films, Russell Crowe was great in it, the charecter is wondeful both of them, A scrizofenia/inteligent guy in this word is a danger...

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I have seen this movie maybe around 30 times and I still manage to cry every time....
    Russel Crowe is an amazing actor....I mean I am speechless when he acts because he is so good.....he really got into the character of Nash......and he was able to portray his image to excellence......
    just a superb movie!!!!
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

+ Reply to Thread