+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: -Beethoven or Mozart-

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks

-Beethoven or Mozart-

This is a bit of nostalgia...

@Hassun; one I'm sure you'll understand...

Who do you regard as the better composer, and why? What about Beethoven or Mozart do you love or hate?

The two are largely regarded as the greatest composers of all time, and for good reason. However, if you had to choose...
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: -Beethoven or Mozart-

Haha, a classic indeed.
    You know I'd choose Beethoven anyday.

His work has a depth which Mozart seldom reaches.

If I had to put it in nature's terms I would say that Mozart is a beautiful butterfly and Beethoven is a rock.

The only work of Mozart that could really compete with Beethoven's best is his Requiem imo.

Newbie Last_Exile14 may be famous one day Last_Exile14 may be famous one day Last_Exile14's Avatar
    Thanks

i like either..yet i like more of Beethoven.
    Blue

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Last_Exile14
    i like either..yet i like more of Beethoven.
    And can you tell us WHY?

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks

Hassun is right once again. Beethoven is in effect, the foundation of greatness in so far as the music world is concerned. The beauty and grace of his works were only surpassed by the sheer joy they invoked. Mozart was great, perhaps a God even ... however, history will never grant him the same favor as his rival.
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Even thou, I'm totally fearing you guys. Here what I think.

I like them both, but I heard Beenthoven first from the movie called Beenthoven, but this is hard. here you have Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart who was known since he was the age of five, or six, and at this time Lugwig van Beethoven who wasn't really known till his older years, even thou he wrote some work at a young age.

Mozart, who study way less than Beethoven, but was born with this tanlet.
    Beethoven with his hearing problem (Yes he had a hearing problem) still played on.

But come on..... they lived in different time zone really. So of course there was a time changing music with Beethoven. Mozart was playing what he believe was the right way. I mean when he was 6, beenthoven wasn't even born yet. Harder, and louder, was there when Mozart was there, but it wasn't as great at the time he was number one. Soft and eligent (sp?)

I think beenthoven better because he try hard at his work, and even thou he wasn't that great at hearing. He still made hardcore work. A great composser he was.

The only reason I think Mozart isn't better is because he puts me to sleep, and he was just a little to soft. They said his stuff was perfect, and perfect it was, but I want to hear it. I want to feel it. That's all.

There's alot more, but I'm done. I hope that enough
    Last edited by Mr. K; Apr 19, 2006 at 08:18 AM.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i think both are great, their music is really awesome.

Otaku alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith's Avatar
    Thanks

i love beethovens melodies and rhythms more than mozart but i like them both i guess.
    "The face is the mirror of the mind, and the eyes,without speaking, confess the secrets of the heart." - Saint Jerome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast