+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: which is the best final fantasy out now?

Newbie firstborn is off to a good start firstborn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: which is the best final fantasy out now?

really? well I hope they dont screw it up like with the remake of the original wildarms. (I think the remake was called Alter Code F or somthing similar to that) In the description it was suposed to be an exact replica with better graphics- but they wound up screwing around with the battle system and dungeon travel, and overall making a mess of it.
    See now the game is historically inaccurate, because unlike feudal Japan, modern day France does not have any flying demonic stingrays. . . well, hardly any.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I would say FF7 was the real game that actually changed the entire image of the series. It was the first game that was in 3D with different camera angles. It was also the first to show a definite relationship the protagonist (Cloud) and and the antagonist (Sepheroth). Sepheroth was always there and no one could stop him. Besides None of the other games before it lets you get attached to one of the characters so much and them watch them die. The newer games may have better graphics and even a better story but FF7 is the overall groundbreaking game in the series.
    i back solking here. now, FFX was good, but Tidus was just TOO DAMN WHINEY! all the time, whining about something.... it was cool that there where voices, but in terms of story, ill go with FFVII.

and FFX-2, well, ill just ignore its existance....

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    i back solking here. now, FFX was good, but Tidus was just TOO DAMN WHINEY! all the time, whining about something.... it was cool that there where voices, but in terms of story, ill go with FFVII.

and FFX-2, well, ill just ignore its existance....
    If we're talking about breaking away from the old ways, you can think of 12 being similar. It didn't use the played out romance that was being used over and over again in the series. That and the fact it got rid of random encounters and offered a new change with the battle system, and how we had a lot of choices with equipping the characters with different weapons and attacks.

So, it comes down to FF7 and 12 for me. In terms of story and characters, 7 was better. But, I liked the game play for 12 better. Unfortunately, 12 had some really bad voice-acting for certain characters IMO, which annoyed me a lot. So, 7 wins overall I guess.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Oooh, one of the hardest questions in life. LOLs

Personally I enjoyed FF5 the most and having FF4, 6, and 7 all tied for a close second. FF5 offered the job change system (Yes, I know that technically 1 offered it first and that it was also available in 3 as well but I played 5 before either one of those titles) with a great variety of choices to make with each job class having unique abilities. (To this very day my starting party is ALWAYS a Knight, Monk, Thief, and White Mage). To add FF5 had a great storyline. (as all Final Fantasy games do. LOL) Then theres Gilgamesh...ahh, good old Gilgamesh. The battles with him featured my most favorite FF music track: Battle on the Big Bridge.

FF4 was the very first FF I've played and its what got me hooked. The characters were all so unique and the storyline is still probably one of the best among all FF games. I hear rumors of a DS remake of 4 just like 3...I can only hope. (=^=) In FF6 I enjoyed the variety of Espers to "customize" your characters and again, the story. FF7, the first FF on the playstation was revolutionary in all aspects.

...1 year since FF12 was released and my total playtime is 00:48. Shame on me.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

i do hope someone would agree with me on this... but i believe that the one with a great love story to it is ff8... i admit i like the movie of ff7, but i didn't really get that much of a WOW factor in the game... i like the cutscenes in ff8 too... squall and rinoa are great... that's how i see it...

i do have to admit that the animation and the graphics of ffx is great... but i haven't really gotten that far into it to really judge it yet... i've been a bit off in playing rpgs for a time now... i don't know why.
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not a big fan of the final fantasy series. But ff7 is on my top favorite game lists. im not sure what it was about it but i juts thought it was a great game. the graphics wasnt that great but the story and overall gameplay was great.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to admit I think FF8 was amazing. I played it before FF7 (it wouldn't work and had to return it). The story line was great and I believe it was the first to use the Guardian Forces (or the summons for the other games) so much and have them tied so closely to the characters. Having them level up just like normal characters with different abilities was great. I think it was the first to use the new magic names such as Fira and Firaga. The games before it only said Fire1, Fire2, and Fire3. Some games had a Fire4 as well.

I still think FF7 is my favorite.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    Some games had a Fire4 as well.

I still think FF7 is my favorite.

yeah, ive heard that if you get sephiroth on your team in VII using a cheat device, he acts like a NPC but does like Ice4 all the time.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast