+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best handheld/console?

Otaku babyman is off to a good start babyman's Avatar
    Thanks

Best handheld/console?

So, the question is simple, what do you think that is the best handheld or console?

I think the psp is great... It isn't that expsensive, it has fun games and most importantly, I can watch anime on it when I travel by car... Major plus =D

For console, i'd go for the ps2, since the games aren't too expensive and it has a good lenght of life...

Ps3 is bad in my opinion, just too expensive and the games also aren't really interesting...

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Best handheld/console?

I use to be a PS fan for a while but then I got hooked onto the Xboxes which in my opinion is far better.

The Xboxes can store a ton of memory, more so then a PS can, and also you can use memory cards to transfer your information to another Xbox just like a PS system.

Game wise, the Xbox and Xbox 360 just has more better games and graphics then the PS3 systems do, and if there is a really good PS3 game out there it will eventualy find its way to the 360. Not to mention I can still play my older Xbox games on the 360.

Now for online. I keep hearing people saying that online PS3 is better because it’s free. Yeah the 360 cost 50 bucks to play a year, which in the grand scream of things is not a bad deal at all because that money goes into maintaining the many game servers so you have a smoother game play, and if there is a bug it is quickly fixed and is always up to date. Almost ZERO lag!!

System wise, 360s almost have an expiration date on them compared to PS3s, how ever the people at Microsoft will repair or replace your older system for free. So if your 360 breaks, no big deal, call em up, send it to them they fix it and give it back to you in a few days. PS3, it breaks... Well then you just have to go out and buy a new one. Which reminds me of what happened with my friend Mark and I. He made fun of me when my 360s fan gave out and had to send it to Microsoft to have it fixed while his PS3 was still going strong. Then the next day, no joke, is PS3 broke and had to go and spend a small fortun to get another one. A few days later I got my 360 back as good as new and it didnt cost me a penny. In the end I had the last laugh.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jul 28, 2008 at 07:38 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the Nintendo DS. Small portable game packs means you can take several of your favorites with you when you travel. It has the ability to play wirelessly with another system that is close by. Or some game are able to support Internet play. In all it's a versatile system.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Hand held I like the SP and the PSP, they are the ones i choose i dont like the DS its crap to me, and the old game boys have no lighitng so it sucks inthe dark but yeah those are the ones i like, as for console I dont play them enought to tell and I havnet played the ps3 yet so i cant say any thing, the only thign i own is a game cube and I like it its decent!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

ahh one of my personal favorites: the console debates. i just want to say that i myself like almost every console as they all have something unique to offer. lets start with the current sensations in gaming PS3, xbox 360, and the Wii. i'll start with the wii since that ones easy. the wii is the first gaming system to integrate motion sensing gameplay. i mean come on what other system can u actually do some bowling in your living room? next i'll go with the ps3. 2 words: blu-ray. the reason why the ps3 is so wretchedly expensive. the pros greatly outweigh the cons when it comes to ps3's blu-ray usage. this will also be the reason that final fantasy xiii will more than likely be better on ps3 than 360. lastly comes microsoft's xbox 360. now what makes the 360 so much better? my thoughts are the games and the transferable memory. put your hard drive in any 360 and access all your stuff. nothing better than that. but the games for 360 have and continue to be the better of all these systems. i mean gears of war? halo 3? rock band? soon to bes fable 2, rock band 2, gears of war 2? cant beat any of those right there. now i go back in time to gamecube, xbox, and ps2. they all rounded out at about the same. they all had their greats and flops when it came to games. the only difference between those was xbox live. only worth while online gaming experience for those 3 consoles. now we go to handhelds. psp is so far the only one that i would recommend. nintendo DS was cool for a while but then no games came out for it. pokemon diamond and pearl was not what i would call great as compared to the other ones which i do own by the way and super mario DS was the only other game i actually took time to buy. SP was great cuz of its versatility with games, was small, and had a nice bright light-up screen. i am waiting for microsoft to design some crazy handheld game system but i doubt that will happen. as for why i would recommend PSP for handlhelds is cuz u can do anything with it. if u can afford the memory for it, u can upload videos, music, pictures, whatever u want really. and the games for it are actually decent. god of war, FFVII crisis core, untold legends, cant lose with that selection.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightwish For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jul 28, 2008)

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I wouldn't say that they Wii is the first with motion sensor game play since the NES had that for some of its games but never made it outside of Japan. Back then motion sensor game play wasn't that popular. There are also arcade games that use motion sensors before the Wii came out too.

I personally can't go anywhere without my psp. With all the abilities that it has you can't go wrong with owning one. The only major problem with the system is that its doing too good in the market. Sony has no need to add new features or better games to the psp because it sells more than the other systems combined in the market today. I needs more original games too. Most of the good games are spin offs and remakes.

I love the DS. Its made to play games and it does that well. And I read someone saying the SP was better than the DS. I think that sentence makes no sense especially since the DS can play GBA games and if you get a game pack or you can play the older GB and GBC games too although that might not be legal. Anyway, Overall it has plenty of great games and unique, original titles. Most of the games are the kind you can just play over and over again. Unfortunately, due to my lack in finances I cannot get the games I want so I have fallen behind the loop in this system.

I use my PSP more than my DS so I would have to go with the PSP as the better handheld. And I use to move around alot on my own so having a home console wasn't very good idea to get so I don't play with them often.

Sazzy got a Wii so I'll be playing that at her house very often.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I won't talk about home consoles. That's like apples and oranges these days. But handhelds... It's kind of a toss up with me. "Damn! A fillibuster!!!"

I own both Sony PSP and Nintendo DS and I can say that they're pretty much equal in my eyes. Now, this is looking from a perspective of someone who's never used any type of homebrew (unless it's making a MUGEN game for PC). PSP is cool because you have a lot of classic Sony re-makes so you can play your favorite games anywhere. You can download games for your PSP if you're too lazy to go to the store (or if your PSP won't read discs anymore--don't slam it on tables when playing MGS: Portable Ops online), it's got cool accessories and you can voice chat on certain games, PLUS you can connect to your PS3 from anywhere w/internet. Yeah, cool, cool. But Nintendo has good travel games, all the great multiplayer "party" games, it's got a wider selection, cooler accessories, surf's the net like the PSP (though you gotta shell out an extra 35 bucks) and I know several people with a DS. Only a small amount of people with PSP that I know of exist. Looking at it from a marketing perspective, I'd say Nintendo's got the handheld genre on lock-down, especially with casual gamers. But Sony's got the technological advantage, I had to get a PSP when I heard of its abilities. So, I'm stuck. I can't get rid of one without getting rid of the other. I couldn't bring myself to watch my DS or PSP live in my backpack in solitude with books that don't speak the same language, LOL.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'm DS all the way for handheld, I love mine, it's got awesome games, the touchpad makes playing games just that much more interesting, plus there's always online Mario Kart. (yess..) I've never played a PSP, and I can't think of too many games they've got, I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm just saying I perfer the game library DS has. I don't watch much TV (i.e. anime) either, so a multimedia handheld is useless to me.

On the console end of things, I'm torn between Wii and Xbox 360. I own a wii, and I'll admit that unless I've got some friends over or am really bored, I don't use it that much. That's really more of a lack of free time thing however, because whenever I do play it it's for 4-8 hours, and I love how it's backwards compatible with all my g-cube games/controllers.

I also like the 360 because it has great graphics, a continously improving game library, and an online game play you simply cannot beat. If I wanna satisfy my FPS urges, I'm always game for Halo, Gears of War, or Call of Duty 4 on Xbox live. I also enjoy playing Rock band on the 360.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast