Dragon ball Z
    Dragon ball GT
    Kenishin
    Gundam wing
    G Gundam
    Rolin warriors
    Salior moon

and the rest of toonami's anime line up

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Best Old School Animated Series

Dude a good amount of those arent old school cartoons but i would say I love Scooby Doo that show rocks I love Scooby and his hippie partner shaggy.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Beatle,

Well How old is "old school" do you want me to go back like to the 1960- and 70's? and beavis and butt head would be classifeld as old school in a few years because they are rarely on any more if all and yes The toonami days of Cartoon network would be classfield as old school because Toonami is dead

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

So what if toonami is dead that doesnt mean its old school and I think what he wants is what Cartoons you were watching when you were a kid okay thats what this post is about (I think ) K .

And Its The Beatle Brandon Grave Heat.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    America cartoons:
    G I joe
    Rambo
    TMNT
    He-man
    Shei ra
    Thunder cats

MTV cartoons:
    Beavis & Butt- head
    Liquid Televison
    The Maxx
    The Head
    Aeon Flux
    Crank yankers
    Celebrity death match
    heat Guy J

Anime Cartoons:
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon ball Z
    Dragon ball GT
    Kenishin
    Gundam wing
    G Gundam
    Rolin warriors
    Salior moon

and the rest of toonami's anime line up
    Just listing a number of titles isn't really a good post. Give some reasoning behind your choice(s).

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Best Old School Animated Series

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Just listing a number of titles isn't really a good post. Give some reasoning behind your choice(s).
    Ok I will rambo and GI joe i like because of the Action,
    He- man and Shera because I was a fan of he man back in the day.
    Thundercats- who did not like the thundercats?

All the mtv cartoon because I was part of that croward that thought that MTV was cool back in those days and Beavis and butt-head were just insine
    and really all those shows were part of mtv when it was showing Video by Nirvanna, pearl Jam, and Allice in chanis The Grunge movement in music..

And the Toonami Line Because on 3/17/1997 it started to bring anime to the states and Come on Spike from Cowboy bebop as the voicr of tom, for the last 11 year or soon to be 12 year Toonami was the last shed of good or coolness that CN had before they kill tom and sold out to the dark side of the force known as reality shows or CN Real..

TMNT The turtles are still cool to this day even if the story has foucs on japan in the lost epsoides of TMNT..

Real old school Top cat because it is funny at times, and the old Space ghost and old bird man from the 60 mid 70 because of the action.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon Grave Heat For This Useful Post:

!beast (Sep 13, 2009)

Newbie NinjaRyu is off to a good start NinjaRyu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    It's probably not old school but I really liked the visuals of Batman: The animated series.
    It has less to do with animation that art style and setting though.
    That was my favorite three seasons of perfection in my opinion. The stories were great and deep like a anime when you see how some of the villains became villains you kind of feel sorry for them. Scooby doo and bugs bunny were also the greatest comical cartoons that never get old and are still fun to watch today.
    "I've come to deliver some bad luck" Train Hartnett

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NinjaRyu For This Useful Post:

!beast (Sep 13, 2009)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    Beatle,

Well How old is "old school" do you want me to go back like to the 1960- and 70's? and beavis and butt head would be classifeld as old school in a few years because they are rarely on any more if all and yes The toonami days of Cartoon network would be classfield as old school because Toonami is dead
    I beg to differ. Anything made in the mid to late 90's is definitely not old school. I know, I was there. Not much has changed between 1995 and 2009. Only new cartoons have arrived and old blocks have been removed. I'd say old school would have to be anything made in 1992 or earlier (considering the ages of some of the users here). So, 'Might Morphin' Power Rangers' could fall in to that category; although it's not really animation at all. LOL.

Old school to me would be something like 'Thundercats' or, 'He-Man'. 'Transformers' was a great series from the old school. In my opinion, it was one of the best! 'TMNT' was another great old school series. I was all about Ninja Turtles when I was a kid. I had practically EVERY TMNT action figure by the age of 10. My little brother had just about the same amount of Ninja Turtle stuff.

Looney Tunes was awesome when I was very little. I love anything that's been worked on by Mel Blanc or Chuck Jones. Chuck Jones would have to be one of my all time favorite directors/animators as a kid (and still now). He did a TON of Road Runner & Wily E. Cyote cartoons as well as 'Tom & Jerry' and 'The Grinch who Stole Christmas'.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

!beast (Sep 13, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast