Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Best video game soundtrack!! ^_^

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Best video game soundtrack!! ^_^

I've always wondered what other people thought on this subject, so here goes:

Which--in your own opinion--video game has the best music/soundtrack? Why do you think so?

Well, for me there's a few. Metal Gear Solid (any one of them) has such good music and not only does it make you feel like you're a part of the game, it adds to the adrenaline rush when fighting soldiers and bosses. Even sneaking around is exciting through the aid of MGS's musical score.

Hmm... What else? Street Fighter III: Third Strike has some of the dopest beats you'll ever hear on a 2D fighter! I love it! It's like there's a tiny DJ in my Dreamcast spinnin' the greates drum 'n bass/techno ever! ^_^

Jet Set Radio Future has a very unique soundtrack as well. There are artists such as Scapegoat Wax and Cibo Matto in the front lines, then The Latch Brothers are good for some tight instrumentals (they make up for most of the music).

And then last, but definitely not least is... Silent Hill 4: The Room! Oh, man! It's soothing, yet eerie at the same time! I'd have to say that "Your Rain" is like the best song ever! They even did a remix of that song for DDR Supernova (and believe it or not, it's one of the best DDR songs to date). I don't know whether to fall asleep to such beautiful music or hide in the closet from the creepy tunes that eminate from my X-Box. LOL.

What about you guys? What video game rocks your socks off?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

SweetCandy (Dec 28, 2007)

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Best video game soundtrack!! ^_^

Hmm, I also must agree Metal Gear Solid has a simply stunning soundtrack. It works very well for the style of gameplay. I must admit though I was rather shocked at the song Snake Eater at first. It was exactly like a James Bond movie. After playing the game a few times I began to like it.

I also enjoy the Final Fantasy 7 soundtrack. They had songs that you could remember many years after playing the game, but then as soon as the song played the memories would come flowing in.

Also FFX, the soundtrack for that was good as well. For the same reason as FFVII.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    Hmm, I also must agree Metal Gear Solid has a simply stunning soundtrack. It works very well for the style of gameplay. I must admit though I was rather shocked at the song Snake Eater at first. It was exactly like a James Bond movie. After playing the game a few times I began to like it.

I also enjoy the Final Fantasy 7 soundtrack. They had songs that you could remember many years after playing the game, but then as soon as the song played the memories would come flowing in.

Also FFX, the soundtrack for that was good as well. For the same reason as FFVII.
    LOL, the Snake Eater theme was HILARIOUS!!! *sings snake eater to himself* It reminded me of every spy movie I'd ever seen.

I completely forgot about FFX. That music was great as well! It's the reason I was sucked in to that game for months on end. LOL.

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    LOL, the Snake Eater theme was HILARIOUS!!! *sings snake eater to himself* It reminded me of every spy movie I'd ever seen.

I completely forgot about FFX. That music was great as well! It's the reason I was sucked in to that game for months on end. LOL.
    Same here, in fact that is what I am listening to as we speak. I had no idea The Black Mages did the Final Fantasy music. I do not know if they did all of it, but most of the popular I like they have done.

On another note, I would like to add the Burnout games, the songs they chose were perfect for fast racing games.....although there were a few that could have been left out lol.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

The Metal Gear and Final Fantasy Soundtracks were always amazing. I would have to say those two are my top choices for best game soundtrack.

Right now I'm playing Silent Hill: Origins for PSP and I have to admit its amazing as well. Since I got the game today I can't say the whole thing is great but from what I've heard I liked. Its terribly eerie and disturbing. It makes you think your about to get attacked even though is nothing around. Very haunting.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragon Quest, in particular the String Quartet album. I've never played the game, and probably never will, but I somehow stumbled upon the soundtracks. Beautiful music, especially for anyone who likes classical.

FFIV has some great tracks, but on the whole, I'm not really all that impressed with the Final Fantasy soundtracks. Not sure why, I just never got into them.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm really surprised that no one here mentioned "Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition"'s sound tracks and music .. it's just so great i even put them on my MP3 player ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't listened to a lot of video game soundtracks, but I thought the Halo 2 vol. 2 soundtrack was good enough to buy, and I listen to it regularly. The music is quite soothing.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast