+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Books vs. Movies

Newbie negimaster50 is off to a good start negimaster50's Avatar
    Thanks

Books vs. Movies

Which would you rather choose a book or a movie. and tell me why you think one is better

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Books vrs. Movies

This isn't related to anime, so I am moving this to the Sensory Pleasures Forum.

+Moving+

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by negimaster50 View Post
    Which would you rather choose a book or a movie. and tell me why you think one is better
    I prefer books to movies. Movies condense everything into less than three hours, while books can go on for pages and pages, detailing one character. Books are far more intimate, you get to know the characters; you aren't limited by what the actor can portray on screen. While, yes, you lose certain things by not seeing a scene with your eyes, it prompts the imagination and stimulates the brain.

Newbie Haku-chan is off to a good start Haku-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Books tend to be more in depth. All the movies are good for is seeing certain scenes set up visually.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree with divine punishment because books allow you to use your imagination more about how certain things happen. Also, it's nice to be able to read a really good story for a few days than see a good movie in less than a few hours in my opinion.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by negimaster50 View Post
    well i cannot choose. but i will explain both, cuz im just like that ok books, as someone said can develope your midn, because you can visualise the characters, and the mosters and maybe relate to the feelings of the characters. a good 400 page book takes maybe 1-2 weeks, giving you a little time each day to forget and site quietly reading. movie theatres do not give you this because, half the time, you talk with your friend and eat, and visualising and comparing your life situation to the characters is the last thing on ur mind (what is she WEARING?... i like - Lmfao inside jk) and for a book you take your time, rather than paying 12 bux to see it for maybe 1 1\2 to 2 hrs. and also, you can keep the book if you like it and re-read it, but you cannot re-film the movie, cuz its called piracy :P and another thing is that some movies leave out parts in the book, like lord of the rings. the full collectors set has 9 books, and the movie talks about maybe the short version of 4 of the books. but inna movie, you hav visualisations, and if ur easily distracted or easily bored (lazy lol) its easier to watch rather than comprehend. so its your desicion. for fun, i go to movies. for piece of mind, i read books.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

movies... everyone is like: oh but with a book u use ur imagination to create the characters and the environment...
    but how long does it you to read it? A LOT OF TIME!
    with a movie, you just sit down for 2 hours, get some food and drinks and thats it...
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Books vrs. Movies

Movies all the way! I just don't like to read books! It gets boring. Movies are entertaining! Books are not you have to read what happens.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast