+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Boondocks

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

The Boondocks

I am a HUGE Boondocks fan--ever since the first comic strip. Aaron McGruder has to be one of the brightest cartoonist to hit the scene right now. (He's one of my heroes in the cartooning game and he's only a year older than me)

Anyway, I'm excited about the second season starting today (10/08). It took them long enough but it's finally here. My questions for you are: Do you think the second season will be better or worse than the first? Also, what is your favorite episode of The Boondocks and why?

I think the second season will be WAY better than the first. In the first season, each episode got better an better as the progressed. The second season took almost two years to produce--although it's halfway due to A-Dub taking a hiatus to figure out where he and the series was going--and the clips they show on [AS] look real good. There will be returning guest stars (such as: X-ibit, Samuel L. Jackson, etc) and new ones like Snoop Dogg and more. I'm looking forward to it and can't wait for it to hit DVD! What about you? What's your opinion in the matter?

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Re: The Boondocks (Not really anime but...)

I'm not big with that show! I saw some episodes but yeah i think it isnt really an anime! anime is from japan but in i=other words it could be! Who knows!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Newbie evil_neko_youkai may be famous one day evil_neko_youkai may be famous one day
    I'm not in Michigan anymore.....that means I'm getting closer to you
    Thanks

OMG I LOVED THAT SHOW!!! I'm sooo geeked that a new season is starting! I started reading the comic strips aswell and nearly fainted when I found out that they had a show.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Madhouse is going to be doing the animation for the second season, so expect a quality jump...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

As you said in the title, it's not an anime. Following regular logic this would mean that it should be posted in the Sensory pleasures forum.

Moving and changing the title.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Boondocks

i love tha show. lil wayne is gonna be on that first episode i think.... i cant wait for the first season on DVD, cuz i have all the episodes on my ipod. my fav one has to be the Kidnap Oprah one. that is probably the best graphic novel/show made (im my opinion )

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    i love tha show. lil wayne is gonna be on that first episode i think.... i cant wait for the first season on DVD, cuz i have all the episodes on my ipod. my fav one has to be the Kidnap Oprah one. that is probably the best graphic novel/show made (im my opinion )
    First season has BEEN out on DVD! I have it, as do most of my friends. You've got mad will power if you've been waiting THIS long, LOL. "Let's kidnapp Oprah" was awesome! One of the best episodes ever. I love the action in that one. Bushido Brown says, "Man you're like something out of a comic strip!" That's a reference to "Enter the Dragon" starring Bruce Lee. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Madhouse is going to be doing the animation for the second season, so expect a quality jump...
    I've noticed! I can't wait. I hear they're a pretty good animation team.

Quote Originally Posted by evil_neko_youkai View Post
    OMG I LOVED THAT SHOW!!! I'm sooo geeked that a new season is starting! I started reading the comic strips aswell and nearly fainted when I found out that they had a show.
    LOL. Me too! I flipped out when I heard The Boondocks was gonna be animated. I always imagined Grandpa Freeman's voice to sound like dude from the Friday movies (John Witherspoon, I think his name is), come to find out it IS him! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by highteckdudu View Post
    I'm not big with that show! I saw some episodes but yeah i think it isnt really an anime! anime is from japan but in i=other words it could be! Who knows!
    I KNOW IT'S NOT ANIME--HENCE THE TITLE!!! But it is drawn in a style similar to anime, and Aaron McGruder even admits that anime and graffiti are big influences for him.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I've nnoticed! I can't wait. I hear they're a pretty good animation team.
    With Anime's like Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Trigun and Di Gi Charat, I'd say they have a good Animation Staff...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast