+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Borat

Newbie VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Borat

I thought the movie was hilarious. What made it so funny was that so many people did not catch on that he was making fun of them at first.

My Blog - It's Not Your Space - ym/aim: RaiserOfGales msn: RaiserOfGales @ hotmail.com

Otaku arubberchicken is off to a good start arubberchicken's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah it was very funny and i could watch it over and over agian.. but there r a ton of law siutes and tons of stuf and ive heard people have been fired for being in the movie... so it was funny but it could save a lot of people a lot of money if they hadnt made it at all

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Sacha baron cohen also made another film, which was also quite a big hit, at least in England, america im not too sure about, but it was about a guy named ALI G from 'stains' worth a watch for mindless comedy!

As for Borat, it was just fun to see a film that pushes the bounderies again, especially in this overly PC society we're now living in

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    hey whats up well I bet you have heard Borat is super funny or racial well I thought the movies was so funny and I love him and I was thinking what you thought of the movie
    borat was extremly racist, since i am of jewish religion. since the actor portraying borat is a jewish person, i cannot understand how a person can offend his culture. most of the movie not containing racism, was hilarious. when he treated the women with so much disrespect was so funny, showing that old fashoin countries still follow old traditions. when borat tries to fit in with the balck culture, and learn to sag his pants, i cried in laffs, cuz this man was acting so clueless. it was a good movie, but some jewish remarks were very offensive.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    borat was extremly racist, since i am of jewish religion. since the actor portraying borat is a jewish person, i cannot understand how a person can offend his culture. most of the movie not containing racism, was hilarious. when he treated the women with so much disrespect was so funny, showing that old fashoin countries still follow old traditions. when borat tries to fit in with the balck culture, and learn to sag his pants, i cried in laffs, cuz this man was acting so clueless. it was a good movie, but some jewish remarks were very offensive.

So you don't mind making fun of black people but you're against making fun of Jews?
    Doesn't that make you a racist and/or a hypocrite?

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Borat

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    hey whats up well I bet you have heard Borat is super funny or racial well I thought the movies was so funny and I love him and I was thinking what you thought of the movie
    I don't plan on seeing,but is it any good? I might just watch Epic Movie,Stomp the Yard,or Dreamgirls!

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    It was a very big disaster... I wondered why people even liked it -_-; it wasn't very funny and had a stupid storyline and plot.

P.S: I think someone made one of these already :/

The purpose wasn't that it was supposed to be the intellectual comedy hit of the summer, but to expose people for who they were. It was eye opening some of the actual attitudes that were present and caught candidly on camera. I am curious to see how some of those people reacted when it eventually got to them that they were features in such poor lights, because even if they themselves, like the rodeo manager, did not see the movie, someone they knew must have seen it. I wonder if they passed it on to the family members, or just held onto that secret and changed their personal regard for that particular person. Then again, maybe in those households, exposition of those opinions may not be particularly damning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2