+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bridge to Terabithia..Did you like it, or was it a pointless movie..

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Bridge to Terabithia..Did you like it, or was it a pointless movie..

So here's the deal, I watched this movie the other night and I loved it up to a certain point. My buddy told me it was a book first when I asked him about it. I honestly wish I had asked him about it first because the movie was going great and then(............) happened. I don't want to spoil it for folks who haven't seen it or read the book. I was really getting into the movie, the whole create your own place and all but it turned out to be a tear jerker! I was so upset. Why did Disney even make this movie! Will kids and their parents really appreciate this movie? In the end yeah the kid and his little sister got a bit closer and maybe it tells kids to open their minds and all but I think it was pointless to create (the book or movie.) When I think about this movie, all I can think about is the movie My Girl...What did you think about it?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bridge to Terabithia..Did you like it, or was it a pointless movie..

I liked the book much better. I was really, REALLY looking forward to the movie because, well, Bridge to Terabithia's one of my favorite books. The graphics were pretty good, music - not bad... but somehow it didn't really seem all that great to me. Maybe it's because Sophia Ann Robb isn't such a good actress. Maybe it's because the script wasn't that well-written. I dunno. I expected better, but I can't quite seem to put my finger on what it was exactly that I didn't like.

Thanks

It doesn't look like many will post here so I'll go from there. First, how could you like a movie where the creator of the magical land and the one who brings everyone together dies!! That just totally ruined the movie for me...Had I been reading the book I would have stopped there and threw it away, this is supposed to be a childrens book? What child wants to see their favorite character die and be replaced by an annoying little sister? GAH!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well yeah, it's a little... unorthodox in that sense. I cried when I got to that part of the book (heck, I even cried when I watched the trailer) but... that's sheer genius, you know. Being able to make people like a fictional character in a kids book so much that they actually get really upset when he/she dies.

Thanks

I can understand how they could do something like that in a book, but a movie? A book is way longer and in much greater detail so of course a person will get attached to any character they are reading about. A movie on the other hand..People go to watch movies for many different reasons true, but a childrens movie shouldn't involve death IMO. Yeah there are plenty of movies like that and I don't agree with most but come on.. Let's use Harry Potter for instance, if he had died in the second movie do you think people would have watched the third and fourth? Yeah yeah some of the real heavy fans would but it would have heart broke the others and imo many wouldn't have bothered watching it. Everyone knows death is a part of life and something that we all have to deal with at one point or another but to me it seems like creating something like this and then ruining it by adding death to the picture is just bad. I would have liked the two kids to get to be king and queen together but w/e I hate that damn movie!!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't watched the movie, but I've read the book, no, I was forced to read the book in my first year of High School. One word: Boring. really didn't enjoy reading it at all. I may pick it up again, but from what I remember of it, it was uninteresting
    I might go check out the movie though ^^

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't watch the mvie either but my sister has and she loved it.....
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KuwiRules145 View Post
    I haven't watch the mvie either but my sister has and she loved it.....
    NOOOO Don't watch it!!!! Eh do what you want but don't get upset.....because it turns into a tear jerker!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast