+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bridge to Terabithia..Did you like it, or was it a pointless movie..

Newbie Max Kazune is off to a good start Max Kazune's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bridge to Terabithia..Did you like it, or was it a pointless movie..

i love the movie i thing it's just a movie to open your imagination and be nice to the things around you and i think the movie is really sweet.

Newbie Linren Seishi may be famous one day Linren Seishi may be famous one day Linren Seishi's Avatar
    Thanks

I've not read the book but I thought the movie was okay. I also liked the movie but was a little disappointed with the ending. Although I did get the message in a sense but it was a little weird for me.
    Dreams of snow falling softly in the dark-filled night,
    Dreams of wings and stars and endless light.
    I'd live a thousand years and wait a thousand more for you,
    I'd dream a thousand dreams and hope that dreams come true.

Heavy Metal Goddess CherryBlossom18 may be famous one day CherryBlossom18 may be famous one day CherryBlossom18's Avatar
    a place where the stars shine as bright as the sun
    Thanks

I haven't seen it,but it looks like a good movie that everyone can enjoy and keep talking about for long time.
    "Sunset Kisses Along The Beach"
    Made for me by HolderofTheDarkChalice
    Thanks so much I love it!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CherryBlossom18 View Post
    I haven't seen it,but it looks like a good movie that everyone can enjoy and keep talking about for long time.
    It's the special effects.
    Think Chronicles of Narnia.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    I liked the book much better. I was really, REALLY looking forward to the movie because, well, Bridge to Terabithia's one of my favorite books. The graphics were pretty good, music - not bad... but somehow it didn't really seem all that great to me. Maybe it's because Sophia Ann Robb isn't such a good actress. Maybe it's because the script wasn't that well-written. I dunno. I expected better, but I can't quite seem to put my finger on what it was exactly that I didn't like.
    I've read the book, (through blue_rebel's recommendation. Thanks, blue_rebel! ^^) and I really loved the book. Like blue_rebel, I also liked the book much better. Having already read the book, I was looking forward to the movie, but at the same time, expected that it would not live up to the way the story was originally delivered as a novel, as most novels-turned-movies are.

When I watched the movie, I was surprised to see that most of the scenes from the novel was in the movie too. (the book was fairly short anyway compared to most that were turned to movies) The great thing about the movie for me was that they were able to make Leslie and Jess's imagination visually magical. The special effects and graphics were great, and from what I remember, Katherine Paterson's novel wasn't very descriptive on the imagination part. So, that part of the movie was amazing for me; it added to the magical feel of the story and emphasized how we can take refuge in our imagination, especially overcoming some inner struggles in reality and somehow affecting it.

On the other hand, even though the movie was able to do that and able to include the significant parts from the novel, the movie's delivery of the story wasn't as heartwrenching as how I read it from the novel, in my opinion. Although it was able to improve the story's fantasy side, I don't think it managed to depict well what made Katherine Paterson's novel such a wonderful story - it wasn't able to fully establish how Leslie significally changed Jess's life, and the strong, unbreakable and deep friendship that eventually developed between them. The movie was also not able to include my favorite part from the novel, which involves Jess and his father in the near end of the story. I thought that that part was the most dramatic and hearwarming part of all.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad you liked the book!

I must admit, though, that the scenes in the movie weren't exactly what I imagined when I read the book. The film made everything very Narnia-ish - in a good way. I suppose I should have let my imagination run wilder when I read, but all I saw back then was something like a little kingdom of elves in a forest; like something out of an Enid Blyton book (think Sentinels from Warcraft III). So I was pretty amazed at how the scenes were portrayed in the film... they were NOTHING like what I'd seen in my own mind's eye.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eleonne View Post
    I've read the book, (through blue_rebel's recommendation. Thanks, blue_rebel! ^^) and I really loved the book.
    How come you never read the books I plead you to read? I feel so unappreciated!

Katherine Paterson?!! That name rings a bell. Isn't she some missionary lady? I remember reading somewhere about her. I never heard of this movie, but from the looks of it, it doesn't seem to have captured the charm of the book. If I can get my hand on this book, I will give it a try. Thanks Blue and Eleonne.

Thanks

Yup, she was a missionary in Japan for a while. Maybe that's why you heard about her. Her parents were missionaries as well. She drew from her experiences and learning in Japan for one of her books, The Master Puppeteer (set in Osaka, during the era of the samurai). Not one of my favorite books by Paterson, but other people seem to like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2