Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Anime Movies Work????

Newbie D4RK Joker is off to a good start D4RK Joker's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Can Anime Movies Work????

After the Dragon Ball film and The Last Air Bender movie do you think anime and manga should be made in to live action movies? Can these franchises be saved? And is it the director's falt these movies do SO bad?

I think that it's the directors and wrights falt for these movies. I also think these to franchises are beond saveing. But I whould love to know what you think about all this.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can Anime Movies Work????

Last Air Bender wasn't an anime, so it doesn't count...

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think I heard of a Cowboy Bebop movie being attempted with Keanu Reeves playin the main guy, so I think that's the best shot they'll have at making an anime live-action 'work'.

With all the superhero movies hollywood's doing, I think they're waiting for one good anime movie to break out before they start jumping on that gravy train too. I'm surprised they haven't given Gundam a shot..that'd have to have a good budget and director to stand a chance though. Dragonball was already pretty weird to begin with, so it didn't surprise me when it failed so hard, but my guess is animes that are a bit less zany (and with less plot holes) could make an alright film.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

personally there's a rather small chances for it to work. most animes are intentionally made to be only in anime not into a movie transition. not to mention most adaptations are re-imagined for business, legal, even political purposes.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think the film industry is ready to do live action here in America, they like to change the story or bend it too much.

I know one day someone will come along and blow our minds just give it time.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

(Ah ha! I area Im sorta good at)
    Well in terms of american movies industys making good anime movies thats a complete and utter fail to thier life. BUT when it comes to shows that resemble american life more like Scott Pilgram(which was a wicked movie) they an get right.
    But even tho Avater the last air bender wasnt an anime it still was very diff then american culture so its must have been like a natural instinct to mess it up.
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

My mind frame is that anime series should be made into a live action TV series, not film. The problem is taking a long series with many layers into only about 2 hours, not even. This is an issue with books and cartoons. If they had a live action TV series, they can go into more detail about the series, and spend time being true to it.

The only film series that has the ground to say they officially succeeded in making a long series amazing just like the book was the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Even then they still cut out a few characters and changed things. xD

Also, Shippo, Scott Pilgrim was directed by a British director, not American. He made Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, etc. So I really wouldn't call that an American made film. :P

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nocturne For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (Sep 04, 2010)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope, Nocturne, I would call it a Canadian film, since it was A) Based on a graphic novel series by a Canadian artist whose story is based in Toronto, B) Filmed in Toronto, and C) Stars Micheal Cera who's born in Canada.

Its more Canadian then anything else.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast