Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can Anime Movies Work????

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can Anime Movies Work????

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Nope, Nocturne, I would call it a Canadian film, since it was A) Based on a graphic novel series by a Canadian artist whose story is based in Toronto, B) Filmed in Toronto, and C) Stars Micheal Cera who's born in Canada.

Its more Canadian then anything else.
    okies i have to agree with Aceman. But the point I'm getting at is that the mordern it was meant to be it seems like the better the movie has turned out. The last airbender and DB E... both werent suppose to be to modern orianted.

Nocturne. I think you make a good point n a sense. But I'm not too confident in the idea of a double of one show. Like if they did avatar right and did it in a live action series i dont think thatd work. Either they alter the story line or do the same story. Some animes you just have to keep the storyline. ehhh. lol idk. I jst think unless they do it right they don do it at all.
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

Very Correct xD I wasn't sure if I should call it a Canadian film with Edgar Wright directing.Though either way, it's not an American film. :P

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D4RK Joker View Post
    After the Dragon Ball film and The Last Air Bender movie do you think anime and manga should be made in to live action movies? Can these franchises be saved? And is it the director's falt these movies do SO bad?

I think that it's the directors and wrights falt for these movies. I also think these to franchises are beond saveing. But I whould love to know what you think about all this.
    Its hard to say on Dragon Ball, as even though the movie did poorly in the US market, it did incredibly well in the South East Asia market, (where these style of film are considered more the norm...)

Manga can serve as good material for Live Action Movies, as the 'Lone Wolf and Cub' movie series are considered among the top Samurai movies ever made, and are still popular in Japan...

Lone Wolf and Cub - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Its hard to say on Dragon Ball, as even though the movie did poorly in the US market, it did incredibly well in the South East Asia market, (where these style of film are considered more the norm...)
    May I have the source to that,please? I find it really interesting and I want a source so when I tell my friends they don't think I'm full of it. xD

Also, I can understand that because they're not use to the that type of film. Just like films in their country will probably seem amazing to us because we're not used to their style in film. It's fresh to us so we'd enjoy it more as a change of pace.

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

Newbie voldiaran is off to a good start voldiaran's Avatar
    Thanks

they can! im looking forward to the live action BECK movie!!! anyone else?

Newbie Rhyaniwhynn is off to a good start Rhyaniwhynn's Avatar
    Thanks

We talking live action anime cross overs or anime in movie form? I'll take it were talking live action cross overs...

I think the ONLY way an anime live action cross over movie could work...a HUGE budget, a director who is extremely talented and a massive Otaku which LOVES the anime the movie is being made from, and please please...keep it to the story line...I had such high hopes for a non anime movie once, Resident Evil and OMG...It's not even RE, just another zombie flick with names and terms and themes from the games inserted. Yes I know, originality and so on. But I think they could have taken the game and went by how it was (meaning watching the movie is like being IN THE GAME), you know first movie in the Spencer mansion etc and add lots of new stuff and twists and things that either didn't happen or things that could have but weren't covered in the game etc.

I mean...where is Berry and Rebecca? I dunno, for an anime or game to cross over, it would have to be done right and very faithfully. I doubt there will ever be one that will be done well, cause ppl don't put a lot of stock into them and so produce flops for the niche fans.

I keep hoping though!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Dead thread, closing.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2