+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Capcom Vs. SNK (1 & 2)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Capcom Vs. SNK (1 & 2)

Easily one of the best fighting games in the industry!!!

Before the first installment of this thumb-numbing beauty of a game, we used to sit back and wonder about things like: Who would win a fight between Ryu and Terry Bogard. Then... POOF!! Our dreams came true. Capcom Vs. SNK had hit the shelves and gave gamers everywhere the answers to their long pondered questions.

I'm starting this thread because I want to know just how many of you guys here at AO are fans of this series. Which of the two is your favorite?

Despite my close friend, Erik's opinion, I think CVS 2 is the greatest 2D fighting game EVER! CVS 1 and Street Fighter III: Third Strike tied in a very close second. CVS 2 has more characters than it's first counter part, more grooves to choose from, faster game play and stunning visuals. I was addicted to this game for god knows how long!! There was a point in time when I absolutely COULD NOT be defeated! I even beat a guy blindfolded once--JUST ONCE! I've tried one other time after my CVS addiction faded and lost horribly, LOL. If I could ever find a copy to replace my missing CVS 2, I'd be stuck in front of my TV with the same game for another two years, LOL.

What about you guys? What do you like/dislike about this series? Why? I'm seriously hoping that we've got some die-hard 2D fighter fans here, besides myself and a couple others, LOL.

Otaku Grimm Akumu is off to a good start
    Outer Heaven,in Zanzibar Land, around the corner from Shadow Moses Island right beside the Big Shell
    Thanks

Re: Capcom Vs. SNK (1 & 2)

yo, a true diehard fan right here, capcom vs SNK 2, best 2-d fighter i got, never stopped playin it my man, i got like 4500 GP in single mode w/ Shin Akuma, theres nothin to dislike about this game son, everything is perfect (cept they Didnt hav K' from KOF in it, i was lil mad bout that) but everything else bout the CvsSNK games r AWESOME
    KOF 4 LYFE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimm Akumu For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (Mar 25, 2008)

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah now that I think about it, if they had K' in it It'd be so much better. and I had that game too before I gave it to my friend. It was great and all but I didn't appreciate it the way I do now. Its sorta like that with me and games. I don't miss it until I don't have it n e more. Anyway i getting off the subject. its the best 2d fighter I've played since Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. my best characters are Ken, Kyo, and Iori!

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokerman For This Useful Post:

Grimm Akumu (Mar 13, 2008)

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a fan, actually i prefer the 2-D side-fighters over their 3d counterparts. You were right, capcom vs snk was the answer to the prayers of almost all the 2D fighting enthusiasts. Up to now i have managed to keep my copies of these kind of games including most of the crossovers.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Capcom vs SNK 2 was my favorite of all time... mainly because the fighters were so unique yet easily to handle... unlike most fighters: Where you either have to be a MASTER OF CONTROLS or a CRAZY BUTTON MASHER.

I would love coloring the characters and giving them different names... Ah~ it's been so long since I've played it (my bro sold our only copy)... I'm still looking to purchase it once again.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Capcom vs SNK 2 was my favorite of all time... mainly because the fighters were so unique yet easily to handle... unlike most fighters: Where you either have to be a MASTER OF CONTROLS or a CRAZY BUTTON MASHER.

I would love coloring the characters and giving them different names... Ah~ it's been so long since I've played it (my bro sold our only copy)... I'm still looking to purchase it once again.
    I got lucky. i found it in $9.99 bin at EB Games. i wasn't even looking for it and didn't even know that much about it till i played it.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokerman For This Useful Post:

Grimm Akumu (Mar 24, 2008)

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I liked the Series, and now the Street Fighter has become entirely boring, i do not mean to offen anyone if it is boring. It needs more new sounds that it needs more people to play it unlike the SNK one that hardly has any players to be known of.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    I liked the Series, and now the Street Fighter has become entirely boring, i do not mean to offen anyone if it is boring. It needs more new sounds that it needs more people to play it unlike the SNK one that hardly has any players to be known of.
    That completely depends where you live.

If you live in a more downtown-city area, SNK is the more popular... you'll mostly find these players as the group of Asian-wannabes or ravers. Sometimes even innocent little girls are masters of this game. They may be hard to find, but once found, there are a ton of them.

If you live in a more suburban area, Street Fighter is law. Trust me, even people's uncles would LOVE to go a round with you in Street Fighter since it was in everyone's childhood. The reason why you never seem to find these people? : You never ask. Street Fighter fans are solid, so it goes without saying that they'd give it a shot no matter what.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast