+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Captains in Star Trek

Newbie dreaming saturn is off to a good start dreaming saturn's Avatar
    Thanks

Captains in Star Trek

Do you remember the ‘Star Trek’ movies?
    I watched some ‘Star Trek’ movies (oldies). This reminds me of another ‘Star Trek: the next generation’. In ‘Star Trek’, Captain Kirk is the captain of the spaceship, whereas in ‘Star Trek: the next generation’, we have Captain Picard as the captain.

So, my question is: Which one of the captains do you think is better? Captain Kirk or Captain Picard? Why?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Captains in Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming saturn View Post
    Do you remember the ‘Star Trek’ movies?
    I watched some ‘Star Trek’ movies (oldies). This reminds me of another ‘Star Trek: the next generation’. In ‘Star Trek’, Captain Kirk is the captain of the spaceship, whereas in ‘Star Trek: the next generation’, we have Captain Picard as the captain.

So, my question is: Which one of the captains do you think is better? Captain Kirk or Captain Picard? Why?
    i'll go with kirk on this...after all where else can you find a captain who can "speak" in "style".
    "scotty...beam..me up."
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS's Avatar
    In a world where I can't be hurt anymore....
    Thanks

James T. Kirk all the way!!! If anyone (other than me) knows what the T. stands for I'll give you a cookie! *runs to bake yummy cookies*

THANK YOU SASURAIHELL!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisMelS View Post
    James T. Kirk all the way!!! If anyone (other than me) knows what the T. stands for I'll give you a cookie! *runs to bake yummy cookies*
    it's tiberius...now about that cookie.

"Yes...those cookies...must...be very...very...yummy."
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I would have to go whit Picard, he is a real gentlymen and he hase charectar he is also very stubbern.
    As for Kirk i only seen him in the movies he is also a good captain but a think Picard is beter.
    But the captain i really like in Star Trek is captain Janeway from Star Trek Voyager, one reason is becose she's a woman and she's more straid to the point she wil do evrything to acomplise her goals.

Newbie dreaming saturn is off to a good start dreaming saturn's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yeah, I haven't said which one of captains I think is better.
    I agreed with you both, rematche and MisMelS, Captain Kirk is better than Captain Picard. Because, Kirk never had to straighten his shirt when he stood up.
    Why Picard often stood up and straightens his shirt? It's like he is wearing a wrong size (smaller size than his size) of the uniform.

Captain Janeway (Voyager) is a very independent woman and she is a great captain. But, she is the captain of different spaceship whereas Kirk (former captain) and Picard (new captain), they are the captain of same spaceship.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I was a fan of Ben Sisko. Out of all the captains (With the exception of Picard, he had his moments), he was the most human, he also had the most deep back story, and Avery Brooks was a kick ass actor.

DS9 is also my favorite series as well. It showed that the federation wasn't all powerful or perfect.

Thanks

actually i like captain picard because he's more serious, more active, more experienced and more disciplined compared to captain kirk. sometimes i also like his humourous side...come to think of it in comparison, these two are equal in own opinion.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast