+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cartoon Network has gone Downhill II

Newbie Splyker is off to a good start Splyker's Avatar
    Thanks

Cartoon Network has gone Downhill II

A little while back I made a post by the same name. It got closed cause no one posted for a while, so I'm trying to put it back out there, with a few new points. Here is the original post:

I think we can all agree that Cartoon Network has gone downhill. some of its best shows like Dexter's Labratory, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, and looney Toons (just to name a few) were what made that channel great. now all they have are dumb shows like Chowder, Secret Saturdays, and Flapjack. This is my own opinion and im entitled to it. you may disagree but dont say im a loser or an idiot just cause i dont agree with you.

My new points, or my new point, is that it is Cartoon Network, and now they have all of these shows with real people in them. That show "Out of Jimmy's Head" was a real life show, and it failed.Horribly. It is easy to see thru the whole "Othersiders" crap. "Slamball" is just basketball with trampolines. Nothing spectacular. "Destroy Build Destroy" is pretty cool, though. Or at least the "Destroy" part is. "Brain Rush" just makes you ask "Why? What's the point?" I gotta go slightly off-topic for a moment to say that CN isn't the only network that suckish now. Disney produced channels have no actual disney cartoons on them and Nick is justSpongebob and iCarly. The old Spongebobs are funny, but not the new ones and iCarly is usually funny, but what it implies a lot isn't something made for the children who watch it. The best two cartoon channels now are Boomerang and Nicktoons Network, but NN is starting to lose what made it great.
    Please don't let this Post die so easily.

Original Thread: Cartoon Network has gone downhill
    What do you see?

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cartoon Network has gone Downhill II

I totally agree with you. Today's cartoons are all to modernized and bland. Show like Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab and Courage aren't even seen on this channel anymore. It's been overrun with garbage like CN Real, Total Drama Island and Stoked. These new shows suck and are only trying to appeal to the new generation of cartoon viewers which apparently are interested in uncreative, tasteless programming. My idea is to have all old time cartoons from the 90's and early 00's on their own channel. This way Cartoon Network could appeal to all viewers, or better yet just have like a 3 hour block of original CN cartoons like Toonami or Miguzi did every night, because I'm sure we all miss those good old days.

Cartoon Network, please take a look at yourself and make a change.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree completely, it really is not an animation station anymore because it shows too much live action. Kudos to shwoing Dragonball and Sailor moon though. That was really cool.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

I think everyone misses Toonami that was the best block of cartoon network for a while. Reboot was my favorite cartoon. I thought maybe I just grew out of cartoons because all the new ones are boring, maybe the new cartoons just aren't like the old ones.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

With all respect to CN as it is now, saying that the WHOLE channel sucks because Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab and others aren't on anymore is hardly an excuse: ALL THE SHOWS YOU MENTIONED ARE NO LONGER BEING MADE! When it comes down too it, CN is owned by a business, if the ratings for a show aren't high, meaning they aren't getting the advertisement dollars they do with other shows, they pull the show and put a show in that will pull the ratings/Advertisement Dollars.

Its all about the money ladies and gentle men.

Don't like it, write the owners, which most likely won't do diddly.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    With all respect to CN as it is now, saying that the WHOLE channel sucks because Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab and others aren't on anymore is hardly an excuse: ALL THE SHOWS YOU MENTIONED ARE NO LONGER BEING MADE! When it comes down too it, CN is owned by a business, if the ratings for a show aren't high, meaning they aren't getting the advertisement dollars they do with other shows, they pull the show and put a show in that will pull the ratings/Advertisement Dollars.

Its all about the money ladies and gentle men.

Don't like it, write the owners, which most likely won't do diddly.
    He is right, your best option is to make an interesting new cartoon similar to an older awesome cartoon, and then sell it to Cartoon Network. Thats a lot of work though.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku darkninja is off to a good start darkninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    I think everyone misses Toonami that was the best block of cartoon network for a while. Reboot was my favorite cartoon. I thought maybe I just grew out of cartoons because all the new ones are boring, maybe the new cartoons just aren't like the old ones.
    I Agree with you Zev reboot was my all time favorite!!! It was the best show i ever watched when i was 4 i think? todays shows are ok but some are just pointless like OUTSIDERS Now the spirites left behind thing is real but that is extremly rare of it to happend. Plus everyone knows outsiders use green screen in some of thier stuff sometimes... Oh and does anyone know where i can watch naruto i left off on episode 208.
    Last edited by darkninja; Aug 11, 2009 at 04:31 PM.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    He is right, your best option is to make an interesting new cartoon similar to an older awesome cartoon, and then sell it to Cartoon Network. Thats a lot of work though.
    Cartoon channels need better and more creative staff members running the place. All ya gotta do is make cartoons detailed and funny. A new cartoon that I watch is Flapjack, it's like the on-land and more weird but cool version of Spongebob.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast