They had Ed Edd n Eddy on for awhile, but they took it back off again
    What do you see?

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cartoon Network has gone Downhill II

Quote Originally Posted by Splyker View Post
    im really happy they started show Teen Titans again
    They had Ed Edd n Eddy on for awhile, but they took it back off again
    Yeah, "Teen Titans" is a cool show. "Ed Edd n' Eddy" is one of my favorite cartoons as well. ^^

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Television in general has gone down over the years.

In hindsight though CN hasn’t done too bad considering the audience it has to cater to. (Which does not mean I like the changes it has undergone)

Dexter’s Laboratory, Ed,Edd, n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, Powerpuff Girls (and some others) were part of the Cartoon Cartoon block. I have no idea what it’s called now. . . . .
    At any rate, notice that most of these shows had very simple plots and were probably geared towards children aged 6 – 9 about five years ago.
    However due to mass media and the availability of certain kinds of media your 6-9 year olds are watching other more mature shows. So in comes shows like The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy and House of Imaginary Friends.
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy would have been geared towards today’s group of 6-9 year olds as well as many adults (myself included). House of Imaginary Friends was geared towards children under the age of 6 to sort of promote brand loyalty. If kids at a early age tune into CN chances are that as they get older they will continue to watch shows on CN.

Looney Toons, Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain, were WB shows that just kinda lost their gas. No new shows were made, and around the time that their air time started to decline shows like Pokemon, Digimon and some other show (I forget the name of and no it wasn’t Yu-Gi Oh) were gaining popularity. CN has changed and deleted shows from their line up to stay trendy and to attract as many viewers as possible.

One thing you have to remember is that today’s kids are tomorrow’s young adults. They are going to want to emulate what today’s young adults are doing. Much to my annoyance many many people of various ages are tuning in to reality television series. It’s only natural Cartoon Network joins the band wagon and provide a more suitable child oriented reality tv show. Hence Cartoon network now shows reality television series and still airs shows that are geared to other age groups. Notice, that the Adult Swim lineup while it is subject to change has not disappeared. Yeah they got rid of the Toonami block but notice that they still play cartoons with amount of action like The Batman (which is so different from the Batman series I grew up with but we won’t get into that).

And yeah I do agree with you to some great extent but you me, and everyone else posting in this thread do not make up a majority nor are we Cartoon network’s target audience the majority of the time.

A somewhat less organized tangent:
    The Misadventures of Flapjack Jones and Chowder are two of the most awful shows on television. There is NO value whatsoever to be gained from watching either and both repulse me.
    The first, last and only episode of FlapJack I saw was an episode about a rat that was spreading the plague. I have no idea if that was supposed to be a reincarnation of the bubonic plague but if it was they failed miserably because I wanted every single character to die. Chowder is just stupid. It’s like new experiments in torture. Why children watch this stuff I have no idea but I have a theory that because of our booming economy people have less time to spend with their children and monitor what their children watch as they go out to secure a second/third job or look for a first job. Because I have a feeling that most parents that are good at being a parent would break the tv screen before letting their children go stupid watching that garbage.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    I think everyone misses Toonami that was the best block of cartoon network for a while. Reboot was my favorite cartoon. I thought maybe I just grew out of cartoons because all the new ones are boring, maybe the new cartoons just aren't like the old ones.
    I agree. Toonami was the best thing to come on in the history of CN (though I still think Adult Swim is a pretty good block of television). I especially liked Reboot. I remember when Reboot was a Saturday morning cartoon (on ABC, I think). When they brought it to Toonami, I was so happy! Same thing with Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors. ^_^

'Dexter's Lab', 'Johnny Bravo', 'Courage', 'Ed, Edd and Eddy'; those were awesome shows! It sucks to see such good cartoons go down the drain. 'Cow and Chicken', 'Samurai Jack'--hell, even 'The Powerpuff Girls' was entertaining! The only good new cartoons from CN--excluding the Adult Swim shows--that I really like is 'Chowder' and 'Ben 10'.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

MTV has moved away from playing music videos all day everyday, and Cartoon Network is moving to more live action stuff. No network seems to maintain its actual purpose. They all sell out eventually.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    Cartoon channels need better and more creative staff members running the place.
    But the networks don't make the shows. They purchase the license to air them. and Like I said in my previous post, if a show does not get the ratings (the number of people watching a show) they expect, and thus, not the amount of advertising dollars they would get based on those ratings, they cancel said show. Basic business strategy: Cut losses, eliminate money sinks.

If you guys don't like the way CN is going, write them, let them know you're unhappy with the way the network is going.

But don't be surprised if nothing changes.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    If you guys don't like the way CN is going, write them, let them know you're unhappy with the way the network is going.

But don't be surprised if nothing changes.
    You're right, nothing gets through to them with letters. So what's the point in even trying, I'm sure some have already tried.

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

Angry Re: Cartoon Network has gone Downhill II

I agree. I believe that it should have more cartoons and more anime on it. Now all they have is King of the Hill and I ttly hate that show. Family guy is all right but it's for more mature teens. They do have Scooby-Doo on there but during the day, while we are at school. So that sucks.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast