+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changing the Revolution to the Wii

Otaku nb194 may be famous one day nb194 may be famous one day nb194's Avatar
    Durban, South Africa, Earth, Milky Way, Galaxy
    Thanks

Post Changing the Revolution to the Wii

My question: do you think it was a clever marketing ploy changing the name of the Revolution to its new name the Wii, pronounced like the word "we" or Nintendo's biggest mistake ever?

I think it was a clever marketing ploy as now more people are going to be talking about it, thus more people will know about it and buy it. But I think the fact that it's called the "we" is pretty lame. I'm going to have to buy one any which way though so I can play the new Zelda game.

"People are crazy and times are strange, I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range,
    I used to care, but things have changed..."

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Changing the Revolution to the Wii

I think people who get all wrapped up in names, are idiots. Ok, it's called the wii, pronounced "we." Omg! I can't buy a system like that with such a stupid name! [/end sarcasm] Let's face the facts, consoles as of late, have had lame unoriginal names anyway, so who cares? Playstation? Whew, how long did it take you to come up with that one? Xbox? Wow, let's add an "x" to the front of the name, that's clever!

People should buy the console for it's specs and games, not it's label. If a name is all that guides your conscious, then you are just closing yourself from another world of gaming that for all you know could have been worth it looking into. The revolution is still there, it's principles have not vanished, it has merely taken on a different wrapper. That's my two cents.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nb194
    My question: do you think it was a clever marketing ploy changing the name of the Revolution to its new name the Wii, pronounced like the word "we" or Nintendo's biggest mistake ever?

I think it was a clever marketing ploy as now more people are going to be talking about it, thus more people will know about it and buy it. But I think the fact that it's called the "we" is pretty lame. I'm going to have to buy one any which way though so I can play the new Zelda game.
    People are already pretty much used to the new name.
    Especially because the big N proved at E3 that their idea works.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

>_> That... and if you're too obsessed over the name, and will refuse to buy it just because of that...

^_^ Then, yay! We can shove it in your face that you're not playing several awesome games with us just because you refuse to say "Weeee" !!!
    At least we can get rid of most of the wannabes and the leeches in this manner.

>.> More Super Smash Bros. for us!

Newbie shatteredpain385 may be famous one day shatteredpain385 may be famous one day shatteredpain385's Avatar
    Thanks

well just so u know the revolution was just a code name while they already planned on caling it the wii

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont really care about the name. There is no reason to cause a riot cause they changed the name of the console. If someone is so upset about it, then dopnt buy it and let someone else who doest care get it.

Newbie Dead Reckoning may be famous one day Dead Reckoning may be famous one day Dead Reckoning's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it is just a name who cares, though i would rather buy something called the Revolution than the Wii, anyone that really likes games would test the system befor making a choice.

Newbie ninjasaur may be famous one day ninjasaur may be famous one day ninjasaur's Avatar
    Thanks

great idea, it got ppl talking about it, just like this thread, also, it is a great name in itself, it stands for nintedo and the system's uniqueness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast