+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: children shows

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: children shows

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Well since you're not 5 years old I'm sure it doesn't appeal to you.

Blues clues is actually one of the better ones. It appeals to kids and talks to them in the same way they themselves think. It is the age of imaginary friends and magical explainations. The biggest problem with childrens shows isn't the ones with imaginitive programing but the ones who stick adult subject matter in or treat them like they're stupid and use absurd solutions to everyday real situations. Children learn what they see. What are they teaching them?

...and yes, I can't stand Barney either.
    u dont have to be 5 for them to appeal to you have to have an inner child because those shows are what builds you when your a child and some of them you cant part with
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LostbutFound View Post
    u dont have to be 5 for them to appeal to you have to have an inner child because those shows are what builds you when your a child and some of them you cant part with
    No you don't but it helps. Most people I know don't give media (written or visual) that is written for a younger audience a chance.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

For some reason I never watched children shows as a child. Instead I watched cartoons such as Bugs Bunny, Fred Flinstone, and Speed Racer. This is thanks to my older brother, who hated kids shows. In the cartoon shows I could only make out what they do from mainly actions, not really words because I was too young to understand most of what they were saying(until pre school that is). Thanks to my older brother my parents would be confused when I was a baby, as they would turn the channel on sesame street, barney or something related, and it would either make me angry or make me cry.

When I happen to click past a channel involving Barney or Blue's Clues in present times, it doesn't really drive me nuts, I just laugh it off, shrug, and move on knowing that it was something I missed during childhood.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Newbie Hades may be famous one day Hades may be famous one day
    Thanks

I never watched children's shows nor played any educational games when I was a kid. Barney is scary..

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I was to terrified to watch childrens shows. Now I find them very annoying and sometimes it makes me want to throw the T.V. when my sister is watching something like Dora the Explorer or Barney or even The Wiggles. What is the point to the childrens T.V. shows anyways? It's not like they learn anything from them. My children will never watch those shows. I find them boring and annoying little worthless shows and I think that who ever airs them their money is going down the drain.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: children shows

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    my cousin sitting their watching dora and her stupid little backpack, but she is also dumb to ask the same question over and over, ah scary
    yeah I hate Dora too! It's stupid! At least Barney teaches them stuff he doesn't ask kids where the dumb mountains are or whatever!
    But Dora is for little kids so alot of us older kids don't care about it.

Newbie Count Saint Germain may be famous one day Count Saint Germain may be famous one day
    Somewhere dark lonely and infested with spiders
    Thanks

Living in a 3rd world country I never really saw the shows like Barney and Telly Tubbies (altough I remember being really eritated by it when my younger sister started watching it later when we got satelitre TV). But our country did air stuff like pinocio and heidi, so that was basically the stuff I grew up with and seeing the differense between me and my younger sister, I'm quite happy I never saw it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3