+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chocolate News

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Chocolate News

Anyone else seen this new show on Comedy Central?? It comes right after Daily Show and Colbert Report at midnight.

Chocolate News  | Comedy Central

Personally I have several good laughs so far with two episodes. And in terms of skits I think it's comparable if not better than The Chapelle Show. The show is all done in forms of "news stories".

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Legend For This Useful Post:

SweetCandi (Oct 30, 2008)

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Chocolate News

LOl..yesh i have seen at least one ep..and when i saw it..i counlnt stop laughing..finally a black comdey show on comdey central..i dont have to watch B.E.T..lol
    that guy is a really goood comdain..I first heard of this guy through this old comdey show that came out in the 90's called " Living Color" funny comdey show (i have the first season on dvd)!..he was one of the main comdies on that show..now he is doing it big on his own..
    i cant wait to watch more of the show
    in a way ..he is a black Mind of Mencia..lol

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

pssh, David Alan is waaay better than Mencia. come now.

I think the show is okay, but it doesn't even begin to compare to Chappelle's Show. Grier's sketches are nothing compared to the contreversy and humor that Chappelle's sketches were at. I salute the show for trying, but I feel it falls short. Plus the fake news shows are being overplayed, Daily Show and Colbert Report blow Chocolate News out of the water. Come on black comedians, you can do better than this!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah but Dave Chapelle has many good skits, but many of the good ones were racially based which I was cool with. Chocolate news take another path and I welcome the difference. I'll keep on watching to see how they would keep the material coming.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Very true, chappelle had a different tone, it was a lot edgier. Grier has been doing a pretty good job so far, but I still hate the "news" element. I think the show would be just as good without that format, if not better.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

That show is crazy and funny! I've got to watch it again. I'm not sure when it comes on again tho.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    That show is crazy and funny! I've got to watch it again. I'm not sure when it comes on again tho.
    For me out here in the west coast it's Mon-Thurs once at 10:30 before Daily Show and Stephen Colbert and then again after South Park at 12:30.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    For me out here in the west coast it's Mon-Thurs once at 10:30 before Daily Show and Stephen Colbert and then again after South Park at 12:30.
    Thanks I'm in the central time zone,so I think it comes on at 9:30 and 11:30.... I'll figure it out.

+ Reply to Thread