+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chromehounds

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Chromehounds

What is your take on Chrome hounds for those who have played it? I for one love the game, the fact that you can build your own mech from the ground up to be very fun. Just to let you people know on how extensive and the number of parts you can use, I have printed the complete parts list from the game and it turned out to be up to 12 pages long. That's a crap load of parts!! What's funny about the game is that you can create some of the craziest looking thing you can imagine; some so odd you wonder how the hell some one could think that up and laugh your arse off for a good five minutes. You can also customize your own insignia. It's a western mecha, so it is geared towards real world physics, like movement, weapon recoil, fuel, weight, heat, power, and anything else that would apply to a five story machine. Unlike most mechas out there, these don't zip around as if they were on crack, but rather move with a much more real world speed, so they tend to be slower. Some people see this as a draw back; making the game seam a bit slow, but in fact makes the pilot/player to think about tactics other then being gun-ho. Its a third person shooter with a very different targeting system with a separate gun camera that takes a while of getting use to but is for the most part not to hard to learn to deal with. I will agree how ever that the single player story mode is very dry and boring and is more like a glorified tutorial but really helps get you use to the different role types, also the parts you earn out of it tend to be better then their multiplayer counterparts. There are different roles types you can make your mech and goes as fallows... Scout, Soldier, Sniper, Defender, Heavy Gunner, and Commander. You can also make hybrid roles like a Sniper/Heavy Gunner, or Commander/Defender. The graphics are very good, and very well detailed. The multiplayer is where this game really shines. This is a squad based game and there for must join an existing squad or create your own to participate what is called and will most likely miss-spell, "The Nuroimouse War" Which takes place in a fictional area in Europe with three fictional countries in an alternate universe in a present day and age. The area it takes place in is near the Black Sea I believe where the present day, Poland, the South Western part of Russia, and Turkey, and stretches to a bit of the Middle East. I must be honest how ever, if you don't have Xbox live for the 360 don't bother with it, but if you do, get it and play the multiplayer, you will have a blast.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Chromehounds

It really is a great game i love those type of games there the best you know but i would advise people to try it its really fun to do takes time but it happens .

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    It really is a great game i love those type of games there the best you know but i would advise people to try it its really fun to do takes time but it happens .
    Yeah it does take time, but it's loads of fun. The people there tend to be pretty laid back for the most part. And I agree, games like this are the best.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes the time is worth it right really a fun game makes time go by fast so i doesnt really take that long but yep its a good game one of my favorites.

Otaku Speed Cards Champion, Foxhole 13 Champion, Commander Keen - Marooned on Mars Champion, Block Down Champion, Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion, Animal Connect Champion, Color Reactor 2 Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Cubis 2 : Morph-Fun Champion, SputNik Champion, Blast The Enemy Champion, Prison Escape Champion, Shock Defence Champion ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103's Avatar
    Thanks

I have played it, but I am not all to great at all the jobs....scout I can do up till they run me up against another hound (an arm load of MG's dont do anything) and the heavy gunner, I mean whats better thana battle ship with wheels or treads? (and I mean that quite literally!)
    I've seen all you here before at the rise and the fall, lets go down and ring the bell at the Levity Ball.

Thanks

Yeah, MGs are best used as a peck and annoy or criple weapon. For my scout I have it running with 4 Sal Kari rocket packs, its a nasty little bugger, but it eats ammo like popcorn and end up running out rather quickly, how ever it can really ruin some ones day when I pull up in my wheeled scout and pepper the bad guy with rockets. As for the Heavy Gunner, that role is my favorit, and you are right. Whats more fun then driving a battle ship turrit with legs? Although with Howitzers and Huge Artillery Cannons are diffeicult to aim and use because they are more of a long range lobbing weapon and not so much direct fire unles the target is close, but you dont really want to shoot at something that is close with these babies because their splash damage is nasty as hell. Takes a lot of practice to be a good Heavy Gunner but it really pays off in the end.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I've played this, reminds me a lot like Armored Core (I prefer Armored Core though, still Chromehounds is friggen sweet). Honstly this game is hella fun on Xbox Live, despite how I don't have it anymore so I rarely play Chromehounds. As for my type....total sniper, lol.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Thanks

Six Terakian Saber sniper cannons equals one dead hound. Snipers are really the only thing I fear as a Heavy Gunner, but our squad leader generaly plays the counter sniping sniper to keep us safe from enemy sniper fire as we pumble their base or possiton with out mercy. Snipers in the game give a whole new meaning to silent but deadly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast