+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Classic Cartoons

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Classic Cartoons

Hello people of AO! When I say classic cartoons I’m talking about Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and the Hanna-Barbera cartoons (Flintstones, Scooby-Doo, Jetsons, etc). You may have watched tons of them and you may have just seen one or two but just about everyone has seen one.

Now, these are the questions. When it comes to classic cartoons which ones were your favorites and why? Also, was there some that just didn’t appeal to you and just kind of made you wonder why it was made a show in the first place? If you do have one than please state it and explain why.

As for me, I loved Looney Tunes and loved them with a passion especially Bugs Bunny. Bugs Bunny always cracked me up and I loved the cartoons where Bugs and Daffy were together. They were hilarious! Just thinking about them makes me giggle.

And I also loved Tom and Jerry. It was such a violent show in a way and had no point to it (so did Looney Tunes by the way) but I just loved it. It made me laugh and that’s what makes me happy. Sometimes I would feel sorry for poor old Tom, though.

I used to be addicted to Thundercats, too. I loved all the action and fights no matter how cheesy it was. Though, I didn’t realize how cheesy it was until later on but I know I loved that show.

One show I never really liked though was the Jetsons. It just didn’t intrigue me and it seemed to rip off the Flintstones a bit. I mean it was the same show only set in a different time, really. It was one Hanna- Barbera cartoon that I just didn’t like.

I also never liked the new variations of Scooby-Doo. I never could like Scrappy and apparently whoever directed the Scooby-Doo movie didn’t like him either if you know what I mean. Scrappy just annoyed me, though. I didn’t like the ones where they met stars very much, either. Though I did like the one with Don Knotts.

But I could go on forever about this subject, what about you guys?
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Mar 18, 2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: correcting a grammatical error

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Classic Cartoons

One of my favorites is Courage The Cowradly Dog. Why??? Because I adore dogs and courage is the cutest! Also, even though it's a classic cartoon, it used to scare me alot when I was little.

My other favorite one is Scooby-Doo. What can I say? I'm in love with cartoon dogs. Anyways, I really did like this one because I loved to watch and find out how they solved the mysteries.

Like you said, I really did NOT like the Jetsons. Why??? Well, in all my honest truth, the characters just plain annoyed me. Every single one of them, but especialy the robot.

Also, another one I really disliked was Tom And Jerry. Why??? Because I didn't think the plot was going anywhere, and each episode was basicly the same...cat chases mouse, mouse outsmarts cat. Too simple for me.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh with this thread I feel kind of old but oh well.....
    For me the looney tunes were the THING!!! I mean it was hillarious. Now a days I am very disappointed of the cartoons we see on TV now. They are not hillarious... they are simply dumb. At least the Looney Tunes had some "common sense".
    From the looney tunes my favorites were: Bugs Bunny!!! of course. I loved his sarcasm and way to get the things. I loved whenever he and Daffy Duck got "confronted: to see who was better.
    The roderunner and the Coyote. Even though I sometimes felt really sorry for the Coyote.... it was very fun to see how this genious guys got everything messed up and against him.
    Of course Speedy Gonzalez!!!!!! andale andale andale!!!! yepa yepa!!!! lol I loved it. The fastest mice in the whole wide world!!!
    From hanna Barbera... hummm.... the Flintstones.... I love their daily conflicts and "getting out of them" thing.... that's it.... I hated with a passion Scooby Doo.... and I still hate it... I hated with more passion the Jetsons....
    hummm.... and a classic I still love is TOM AND JERRY!!!!! I could just sit all day and watch Tom and Jerry ^_^. I loved tom... and most of the time I really wished he could have trapped Jerry... but that's ok. I hated how he got troubles because of jerry.... but I still loved the Show....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

If anyone will know what I'm talkinga bout please let me know. I have to go with The Centurions. It was a old cartoon(obviously) that the characters wore amor then would yell POWER EXTREME and they'd get amor beamed down from a satellite to them. They were always fighting aginst this one cyborg guy who turned animals into cyborgs and made then do his work. I loved this as a kid and I still ocassionaly find it on boomerang.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

ah clasics. i really dont favorite broad groups. i favorite specifics.

for instance, the bugs bunny cartoon when he is trapped in the evil scientists castle. he has to fight off gossamer and he escapes by turning the scientist into a vulture. quite funny parts to it, especially when he and the sceintists hit the ether and they run in slow motion.
    Why hello there!

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

And I also loved Tom and Jerry. It was such a violent show in a way and had no point to it (so did Looney Tunes by the way) but I just loved it. It made me laugh and that’s what makes me happy.
    I love Tom and Jerry too!
    I grew up watching that cartoon!

It was *cough* sadistic and violent if you were to view it in reality terms. (Laughs)

Sometimes I would feel sorry for poor old Tom, though.
    Indeed. I hope that Jerry gets as much spankings as Tom gets!

Although there are new series of Tom and Jerry, I don't really like them as much as the classics. I prefer seeing them messing around in the living hall and the kitchen, not mars or race tracks. (Laughs)

By the way, does anyone remember watching/reading the first Tom and Jerry movie? <^-^>/

[CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

I really like classic cartoons,but to be honest I get bored sometimes from classic cartoons, like watching tom & jerry I usually get bored from watching it,I even memorized all it's episodes!
    Although there are new series renewing old classic cartoons,but they aren't good as the old ones,I would like them to make new episodes 4 old cartoons w/the same style not making new series of them,whatever it's good to watch classic cartoons once & a while to remember childhood memories & old days.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Now a days I am very disappointed of the cartoons we see on TV now. They are not hillarious... they are simply dumb. At least the Looney Tunes had some "common sense".
    Yes, I completely agree with that. I really don't like many of the new cartoons. I hate The Adventures of Billy and Mandy with a passion and there are others that I can think of but I can't remember the titles because I didn't watch it long enough to find out the title. I think one of them was My Pet Monkey is my Gym Partner? Watching just one scene made me feel like my mind was about to rot.

Though, I will admit that not all of them are bad. A few are pretty good and I could sit through it without having the intense urge to grab a shotgun and shoot the TV screen. It seems like it's Cartoon Network that puts out the really bad cartoons the most I've noticed but Nickelodeon and Disney Channel have definitely put out their share of bad shows as well. Though, I wouldn't want Cartoon Network to go away because than Adult Swim and Toonami would go away and all the anime that comes with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast