Meta Gear Solid
    Vagrant Story
    Legend of Dragoon
    Siphon Filter
    Parasite Eve
    Resident Evil 1-3

That's still just a couple of good ones for the PS1 O.o
    Old school gamers FTW!
    The PS1 is prehaps the best console of all time, much better then the current consoles, even though they are awesome, you can't beat the classic games lol.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Classic Video Games

Yes the gray or grey playstation
    I still have a small collection of ps1 games and they still work on my ps2

Syphon Fiter 1,2,and 3
    Both ECW games (wrestling)
    and the rebrith of Metal grear soild

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Since when has the first playstation become "classic"?
    That thing still feels new compared to N64... oddly enough.
    I suppose it's because it lasted for a long time.

I'll admit the first playstation is... er... "old"... but it's not THAT old. My opinion (perspective), at least. Some games on there were classics when they were completely original, but the console itself... eh...

I played the heck out of it when I was in my teens, but it never gave me the nostalgia that SNES games did.. whateva'.

But if we're talking about Playstation games, I might as well name one of my favorite games on there... Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI.
    For some reason, of all the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, VI was my favorite one. I played that thing for HOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRSSSSS. Much more-so than my Playstation 2 versions.

PS2 versions were coo, but nothin' like VI. Not sure why.
    ...I wonder if my copy is somewhere here?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Soshi Kitai For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Dec 04, 2009)

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Pokemon!
    Always loved the series ever since Yellow. Even though the newer games are better and more up-to-date, I'll never forget the classics that shaped me into what I play today. It's lovely to see how far the series has gotten.
    And Mario!
    Though the first I played was Super Mario 64, I've played some of the early ones at a friend's house. So fun. But 64 was even better...It was like, my first full fledged game for a console.
    ^_^
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Blaster Master!

My friend and I can play Blaster Master all F-ing day!! I love everything about that game. The fact that you can shoot in any direction, you can upgrade your weapons (to a certain degree), you go through tons of different places in all eight areas, the bosses are always a fun challenge and you get to drive a TANK!! I love Sophia the 3rd!! Also, you get more P's than Wilt Chaimberlain! LOL. (Bad pun, I know.) ^_^

Blaster Master is such a great game that I'm writing a song about it!

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

while we are the subject of classic games, do you think "Siphon Filter" will make a return for Ps3 like Metal Gear Solid did?
    Last edited by Brandon Grave Heat; Dec 04, 2009 at 07:03 AM. Reason: clean up

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Another set of great classic games would be the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise on Sega Genesis! (I wish people would realize that PSX on up is not considered a classic--just a bit dusty.)

I remember wasting many a day away playing Sonic. From the time I was 11 til now, I've played more Sonic than any other Genesis game; aside from Streets of Rage and Altered Beast--which were also very good. The Sonic games are so great my four year old son plays them frequently--they're his favorite games (though the Sonic Adventure franchise is higher up on his favorite list ^_^).

I think the best classic Sonic game would have to be Sonic 3 and Knuckles! It's such a massive game and you pretty much play two games in one. It tells a much better story than the previous Sonic games did and there are Super Emeralds that make change in to Hyper Sonic/Knuckles (instead of Super). God, I need to get my Genesis out of storage!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast