+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield [after the movie]

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Cloverfield [after the movie]

OK if you've been to the theater in the last year then you've probably seen the trailer that has no name.

It starts with everyone hanging at a party having fun. Then there is a huge explosion and everyone runs outside in time to see the statue of liberty’s' head come flying and land on the street below them. After this you hear a man talking about how he was leaving this footage for anyone who found it. In the background you hear what sounds like roaring of something Godzilla like.

The whole movie seems to be shot through a camera view and at the very end of the trailer it flashes for a short second the website for the movie, every time this happens I can't catch the name. So basically what I'm asking is what are your theories about this movie and has anybody caught the name of the site for it.

Sorry if I couldn't explain the trailer well. I did my best.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Newbie firstborn is off to a good start firstborn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mysterious Movie Trailer

Ya I know the trailer your talking about. My friends and I have been talking about it and we think that its another Godzilla movie(but its hard to tell). And no I haven't been able to catch the name of that site either ohh well
    See now the game is historically inaccurate, because unlike feudal Japan, modern day France does not have any flying demonic stingrays. . . well, hardly any.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

The Website
    IMDB: Cloverfield (2008)

The "mystery movie" is a marketing ploy for Cloverfield (produced by J.J.Abrams)
    Last edited by tsurara; Nov 27, 2007 at 07:21 PM.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Cloverfield I believe is the movie you are talking about.

YouTube - CLOVERFIELD, New Theatrical trailer! (From HD source)

YouTube - 1.18.08 cloverfield trailer 2 full version

I just spent the last hour fighting a loosing battle with my computer to post this. I remembered seeing the trailer/teaser, and it did look cool, so I knew what I was looking for. It's by J.J. Abrams, and comes out 1-18-08.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The Matrix had a better "what's it about" marketing campaign in my opinion.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

really? i dont remember the matrix one...

btw, thanks for the name of the show, i was going to make this thread, but billium did first.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

It really doesn't matter which one has the best marketing campaign thats not what were talking about. The Matrix is old, this is new, its what catches peoples interest at the moment.

Thanks for the information everybody else. I really appriciate it. As for my theory, I really want to believe the thoery of it being a Voltron movie but I'm going to say its more likely to be a Godzilla movie. Oh well I can hope.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    Thanks for the information everybody else. I really appriciate it. As for my theory, I really want to believe the thoery of it being a Voltron movie but I'm going to say its more likely to be a Godzilla movie. Oh well I can hope.
    O_o; Did you actually read any of the information we gave you, though?

It's not a Godzilla movie... or a Voltron movie... or any other magnificent mystery.

It's an original monster movie by J.J. Abrams set to open in the most dismal of box office seasons. They're hoping to boost it's success with a clever viral marketing campaign. There's no mystery... provided you can use a search engine. The name "Cloverfield" appears in the trailer, the site's official description on google includes the name "Cloverfield" and the wikipedia entry for the film's release date redirects to "Cloverfield".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast