+ Reply to Thread

Thread: continuum

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

continuum

john mayers new album continuum came out in stores yesterday. naturally i went out and bought myself a copy as soon as it did. expecting more acoustic greatness from this acoustic legend, i was surprised (but not disappointedly so) to find that the album has taken on a more bluesy turn. absolutePunk had this to say in its review:

"John Mayer has been at the forefront of “pop music” (I am sure many of you know better than to lump him into this category) since his second album, Room for squares was released. And after three years since the release of his sophomore album, Heavier things, he’s come back with his third studio release Continuum. Going into this album I wasn’t really sure how to take it on first listen. It seemed as though John Mayer had maybe lost his touch. However, I soon realized this was only the reaction I had received on first listen because of the fact it was new material and it was first listen. By my second time through the album I found that I was already starting to get hooked on it. Each song has its own uniqueness and its own sort of flavor adding to this dinner of an album and making it all the more satisfying." (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=169972)

which pretty much sums up my thoughts on the album myself. I found the soul groove of his songs to be very refreshing, the lyrics and themes really showing his maturity in the last 3 years (since his last studio album release)

i was wondering if there are any john mayer fans in ao, and if any of you have heard his new album yet? what are your thoughts on his subtle change from acoustic pop to bluesy soul? (i say subtle because admitedly a large amount of his earlier songs were blues-influenced) and how did u like the album overall?
    "A good discussion should be like a miniskirt; short enough to pertain interest yet long enough to cover the subject." ;]

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: continuum

I like some of his songs. I will have to check his new album out.

+ Reply to Thread