+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cult Films

Newbie nickhoge is off to a good start nickhoge's Avatar
    Thanks

Cult Films

I was just wondering how many of the people on this forum feel about Cult Films.

When I say cult films I'm generally talking about movies like Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Lucky Number Slevin, Four Rooms and offcourse one of the newer Tarantino's "Death Proof".

I seem to always get a good feeling when watching these kind of movies, I'm not really sure what the reason is but it makes me feel good and make me laugh almost everytime Take four rooms, the kind of bizarre situations this Hotel Picollo gets himself in are just hilarious.

Also, I think the dialogues in these movies are what make them cult films in the end, if it wasn't for the brilliant dialogues there wouldn't have been much interesting...

Just wanna know what you gals and guys think about these films and what your fav's are. Asian Cult is fine too btw

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cult Films

I LOVE LOVE the movie Death proof by Tarantino.......I actually love all of his movies.....he is one crazy director.....
    In my opinion...he is the craziest director during this time.......his movies should have a seperate genre.......
    But also in my opinion older cult movies are much better then the present ones....even though they do not have the graphics and the current movie technology..thier plots are much better......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to say that the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" is the epitome of a cult classic. I mean, there are live performances of that all the time. Millions know the Time Warp. Millions know the songs. It brings people together.

Newbie nickhoge is off to a good start nickhoge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I have to say that the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" is the epitome of a cult classic. I mean, there are live performances of that all the time. Millions know the Time Warp. Millions know the songs. It brings people together.
    Good that I started a topic of this, because you see, I don't know classics like those. Thanks for the tip cause I think I'll go and check that one out. Anyone else have any other ones to recommend, maybe I've seen 'em or maybe not.

Everything is welcome

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I love some of those cult classic films. Like yesterday I just watched Donnie Darko. I've seen it many times before but still its one of those movies that just so sad but I love the deepness of it and its story.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Bill and Ted's Exellent Adventure!

this, i guess, is my cult movie. it gets old after watching it over and over and over, but once in a while is ok. i dont live it, but i guess its the only movie of this type i watch.

Bill and Ted's bougus journey sucked really bad, tho.

JUST THOUGHT OF THIS!

MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL! man this movie is great! i dont know if you would call it a cult movie. watchable over anfd over!

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb (1964)

Dr. Strangelove was a satirical dark comedy that centers around an accidental pre-emptive nuclear attack and all the politics and hilarity that ensues. Chock full of allegorical references to war and the male sex drive it was a masterpiece and by my definition a cult classic.

Others that stick out in my mind are A Clockwork Orange, Blade Runner, Lost in Translation, Trainspotting, Old Boy, Ichi the Killer, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, hell maybe even Labryinth :P

I'm also a huge fan of Wes Anderson movies if you would categorize them as "cult" Rushmore, The Life Aquatic, Royal Tenenbaums...a little more low key sympathetic tragedy dry humor fare but rewarding if you're into it. It also goes along with my ridiculously emo lo-fi indie music taste.

I've mentioned Old Boy and Ichi the Killer but these titles only scratch the surface of some of the darker more twisted films that you can find in the asian cult scene.

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

When it comes to cult flicks, im a big fan. some of my favs are the Evil Dead series, Office Space, Ferris Beuller's Day Off, The Big Lebowski, Bill and Ted, almost any Troma team release, American Psycho..i consider it cult because alot of people havent seen it, and well many many more...hit up the B-movie lists youll find some gems. I'M TELLING YOU

Yo, this beast was by Lowshuwa
    my drawings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast