+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cult Films

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cult Films

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    Bill and Ted's Exellent Adventure!

this, i guess, is my cult movie. it gets old after watching it over and over and over, but once in a while is ok. i dont live it, but i guess its the only movie of this type i watch.

Bill and Ted's bougus journey sucked really bad, tho.

JUST THOUGHT OF THIS!

MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL! man this movie is great! i dont know if you would call it a cult movie. watchable over anfd over!

Totally love you except "Bogus Journey sucked really bad, tho".

I thought that one was quite better, they Melvined Death, I mean come on, told off Satan, and met God. It kinda relates to my comic Novel I'm making about a guy getting shot randomly in Mcdoanlds, meeting God, an ass hole; Satan, an British Intellectual Ass hole; Death, Straight Forward business man; Jesus H. Christ, a myspace whore and the Anti-Christ, DnD nerd.

Anywho, I absolutely love Cult Films, and you mentioned Pulp fiction, one of THE greatest movies ever- next to Rocky Horror Picture Show, Tim Curry was amazing in that movie.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evol View Post
    Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb (1964)

Dr. Strangelove was a satirical dark comedy that centers around an accidental pre-emptive nuclear attack and all the politics and hilarity that ensues. Chock full of allegorical references to war and the male sex drive it was a masterpiece and by my definition a cult classic.
    i watched that movie, it was a very mature comedy, but i thought it was pretty good. They even mention it in Metal Gear Solid 3, and i would reccomend it to anyone bored, or interested in parodies.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie nickhoge is off to a good start nickhoge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evol View Post
    Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb (1964)

Dr. Strangelove was a satirical dark comedy that centers around an accidental pre-emptive nuclear attack and all the politics and hilarity that ensues. Chock full of allegorical references to war and the male sex drive it was a masterpiece and by my definition a cult classic.

Others that stick out in my mind are A Clockwork Orange, Blade Runner, Lost in Translation, Trainspotting, Old Boy, Ichi the Killer, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, hell maybe even Labryinth :P

I'm also a huge fan of Wes Anderson movies if you would categorize them as "cult" Rushmore, The Life Aquatic, Royal Tenenbaums...a little more low key sympathetic tragedy dry humor fare but rewarding if you're into it. It also goes along with my ridiculously emo lo-fi indie music taste.

I've mentioned Old Boy and Ichi the Killer but these titles only scratch the surface of some of the darker more twisted films that you can find in the asian cult scene.
    Well, I'm not sure if Los In Translation and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind can be categorized as cult movies. These are (in my opinion) just drama films, I totally agree that they are really on of the best in it's kind, but still drama.

I guessed some people would've mentioned Snatch a little sooner, this one is also a real classic to me. I must say that movies that seem too old for me in imagery don't really appeal to me. I'm not sure what the reason for that is, but I always get an 'unreal' feeling with them. I feel like when I'm watching them that it's not a real story (really hard to explain though). But the ones like Rocky Horror Picture Show and Clockwork Orange are definitely movies that I still need to see since I've already heard a lot about them.

Really I'm making a list right now of all the movies you guys are recommending and am going to see where I can get 'em. Thanks a whole bunch.

When it comes to drama movies I can also recommend the following:
    - Mean Creek
    - Requiem For A Dream
    - House Of Sand And Fog
    - Crash

Hope you drama lovers can see those or allready have, they're totally worth it...

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    Bill and Ted's Exellent Adventure!
    The funny thing about it is my da's name is Ted and his best friend/my uncle's name is Bill . . . and they had awesome adventures together.

Any Monty Python films are good.

I also enjoyed Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction. It is done in the traditional, fragmented Tarantino style with everything coming together at the end. It's definitely worth a look.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2