+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Da Vinci Code

Newbie VanS3n may be famous one day VanS3n may be famous one day VanS3n's Avatar
    La Muy Leal Y Noble Ciudad de Iloilo, Pilipinas
    Thanks

Talking Re: The Da Vinci Code

uhmm... its based from a novel .. o_O novel = fiction... although Dan Brown did kinda based it in historical facts.. yet the whole idea or the concept of the story or the movie itself is merely a theory or hypothesis... all we can do is just speculate on it..

I'm from the Philippines.. from Iloilo City.. one of the most conservative and one of the first Roman Catholic dominated city in my country.. yet it was shown here.. R 18 though ^^;; funny thing is that we have rumors that the movie was not shown in Manila.. like it was banned from the theatres... o_O we'll just hope that it's just rumors..

I admit I'm not Roman Catholic... am Protestant.. and this so-called controversy actually hits the Roman Catholic church head on... yet I do understand alot of the concepts.. even us Protestants are kinda affected by it.

I've read the books.. both the DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.. already watched the premiere of the movie The DaVinci Code here in a packed movie theatre... am also an History Major, researching on local church history and heritage..

well I would agree about it being labeled R 18 here in the Philippines .. since the movie itself requires its viewers to have this certain level of understanding and knowledge of historical facts and religious facts and not to mention mental maturity for them to truly understand what it is all about.. or more over what's with all this fuzz about anyways..

well for other religions .. you can just consider this merely as a book or a movie...
    i watched this movie accompanying a few visiting Japanese friends.. well.. they are buddhist and so after the movie.. it was very difficult for me to explain to them certain key points in the movie since they can't comprehend our religion.

i think for us Christians.. this is just merely a test of faith... whether you'll believe it or not.. its up to you... whether you want to be affected by it.. its up to you...

after all... the whole things is just from a novel... <-- emphasis on that .. even if Dan Brown would claim it to be based in History .. some of his points are inconsistent anyways.. letsh just say.. this one is 60-70 % historically accurate.. the rest is fiction .. its up to you to decide which part of the story is originally true and which is made up...

for the rest of you guys.. IT'S A GOOD MOVIE ... I don't think it can do any harm to anybody.. ^__^d
    Last edited by VanS3n; May 20, 2006 at 04:53 PM.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up the stars."

+ My DeviantArt + DarkStreet Studios + Tears in Hell + Otaku Geirin +

Otaku Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Da Vinci Code

I just saw it today and I'm Christian. I just viewed it as fiction and just listened and enjoyed the mystery/action of it all. There really is no diss to Christians...like at the end Tom Hanks says just believe what you want. That's what ya gotta do...believe what you want...just sit back and watch.

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    dude, no one knows the truth! not even catholic or christians know. What if jesus in fact was married to mary magdalene what would be wrong with that, he was just a man-god like human.
    well i agree with ketaro but let's not get too carried away....tis is a sensitive topic o.o we may get sued lol XD
    the choice is simp,y to believe in wat's right frm wrong...everyone has their own opinion and we must respect tat

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Well movies are made for entertainment purposes and many of them are fiction. Those places who are banning it from showing should realise that. It's a fiction book and it came from a persons imagination.
    Having religous theories in it won't stop me from seeing it. I forget whether it's religious or not. ( like Passion of Chirst) I just base it on whether or not it is a good movie. I'm going to watch Da Vinci code some day, but i made a pact to read the book first!^_^

Newbie palma may be famous one day palma may be famous one day palma's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone whoi read the da vinci code would now thAT it is not agaisnt christainty. it shows how jesus became so fames with the aid of costantine and it's an adveture of a scientist who find the holy grail
    -=Death left me alive=-

Otaku Gundragon may be famous one day Gundragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

I havent even read the damn book and I know that Angels and Demons >>>> this.

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

my family is Christian.. but I'm really curious about it... would you believe my mom even wanted me to read it... in any case, my family or religion shouldn't give a damn on what I should watch or read.... it's not gonna affect me in any way... I won't abandon my faith just because of book or movie... wth... lol... well, I think it (The Da Vinci Code, book and movie) is a very interesting work of art... it's a masterpiece, with religious bias aside... the creativity and thriller, in one way or another, can not be easily equaled... I think I'm going to watch it and see why the people are raving about it....

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Newbie DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio's Avatar
    Thanks

Keep in mind i'm a Christian and only 13 (don't let my age make you think i'm unintelligent, and most certainly don't think that my religion makes me some sort of demon coming to ruin stuff)

From what i've seen, the Da Vinci Code is about how some people think that Christ had a wife, which i'm sure he didn't. I don't personally think that Leonardo Da Vinci, a genuis and well known artist, meant any of this by putting what looks like a girl in the Last Supper. You would have to ask my mom for a religious account that downs the movie on all accounts, i truthfully don't know the Scriptures as well as i should, although i do know that, according to the Holy Scriptures which was given unto men by inspiration of God and is profitable for correction for reproof for doctrine and for instruction in rghteousness, Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour, my Tower and my Stronghold, my King and my Best Friend, did not have an affair with Mary Magdalene. If He had then He wouldn't have been without sin, which means that He couldn't have redeemed us through His blood.

I do beleive that the backwards writing, and the girl figure amongst the eleven chatting disciples, were small details and were thrown way out of whack by some atheist or evolutionist giving their opinion and then it spreading to a beleif, just like what happened with evolution by Charles Darwin. But think about the source too, it's hollywood. and they will sell anything that will sell no matter how fictional it is.

But then again, this is just a 13 year old Christian kid who hasnt, and doesnt want to have, seen the movie.
    Last edited by DHS-Alberio; May 21, 2006 at 06:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast