+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Day After Tommmorow

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Day After Tommmorow

I remember seeing this movie in thaters. Jake Gyllenhal is one of my favorite actors. He played his character well and the movie was very sastifying.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the movie and i ask a professor if this will ever happen and he said maybe, can you believe that? i know i believe it.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    AAAUUUUUUUURRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry, that's just how I feel about the movie. If I want to watch a show on the end of the world I'll go watch Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It's probably more accurate and I'm sure it will be more entertaining.... unless I went as a part of a Glenn Beck veiwing. That could be fun.
    The only good thing about "The Day After Tomorrow" was the irony that making the film was an extremely polluting process.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

I find the movie pretty interesting because I have done a lot of reading on the subject of a dramatic climate shift. Of course it was an exaggeration, but Hollywood does that with everything. It’s like cars blowing up when they get shot. Something that would never happen, but Hollywood needed to spice it up.

However, the idea of a climate shift that happened over a short period of time is not an exaggeration. While it wouldn't be as crazy as everything freezing over night it would only take a week or so for effects of a climate shift to visibly show themselves. Our civilization would survive just fine with our technology we would just be really cold all the time and have major famines across the world for a few hundred years.

So I actually liked the movie a lot. I watched it for what it was; entertainment just like Hollywood has always given me. Funny that I don't hear so many complaints about movies like Sin City, and there is no way you are telling me that could happen.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

I liked that movie alot, but as hasssun said they used alot of chemicals and resources in the process of making that movie andthus helping the movie come true, irony is such bliss.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The only good thing about "The Day After Tomorrow" was the irony that making the film was an extremely polluting process.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit View Post
    I liked that movie alot, but as hasssun said they used alot of chemicals and resources in the process of making that movie andthus helping the movie come true, irony is such bliss.

Ok, that is just to funny. I love irony.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I watched the docomentry on the science behind the movie. They knew they were polluting so for as much they were polluting they had to put back into the environment. eg. They planted trees and donated heaps to Environment charities.

Liked that really fixes the damage they did anyways...

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Funny that I don't hear so many complaints about movies like Sin City, and there is no way you are telling me that could happen.
    That's because no one was claiming that Sin City was the truth.

A lot of Green Libs were praising the movie for how accurate it was and how it was so wonderful that a movie was going to show us what would really happen because of global warming. That's why it's ridiculed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast