+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DBZ Movie... a HUGE disaster or a HUGE success

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink DBZ Movie... a HUGE disaster or a HUGE success

Oh well... everyone knows that DBZ movie is comming up hopefully this summer.... Sincerely I am a liiiiiiiiiiiittle disappointed because of the "minimal" detail that THEY ARE CHANGING GOKU'S LIFE!!! and pretty much the story line is a liiiiiiiiiiiittle different.... like... Goku is in High School and Crillin in a mexican guy named Teto.... I was like What the crap?!?!?! Goku in High School? then... his best friend a NERD mexican Guy??? I mean where in the comic says that?!?!?!.... 'cos I skipped it *sarcasm*... anyways.... The budget for the movie making is about $100 million dollars... it seems to be promising... although for some things that do not seem to fit... well that at least for me...
    I am not very happy with the entire cast... But as I know I could be wrong...
    The thing that gives me a little hope is they have a lot of money in their budget and it can help tp produce a great movie or the money can be wasted and this movie can be the insult of a great comic....

Justin Chatwin ... Goku (he could be a more stronger look actor... Justin is pretty lame for that paper I think)

other cast:

Emmy Rossum ... Bulma (Not a bad choice)

James Marsters ... Piccolo (if they put him in green he is going to be perfect)

Yun-Fat Chow ... Roshi (not a prob with him)

Jamie Chung ... Chi Chi (I think she is cool)

Joon Park ... Yamcha (I think that from all the cast He is the only one that actually looks like the character)

Randall Duk Kim ... Grandpa Gohan (hummm... he is ok)

Eriko Tamura ... Mai (ok)

Ernie Hudson ... (...)

Texas Battle ... Carey

Shavon Kirksey ... Emi

Luis Arrieta ... Teto (what the heck?!?!)

Richard Blake ... Agundas (rumored)

Sooooooooooooooo... what do you guys think about it?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DBZ Movie... a HUGE disaster or a HUGE success

It will either bomb horribly, or be mediocre at best. Lets face it, the only thing Dragon Ball Z had going for it was its popularity and over hype. The plot was dry and repetitive (After the first season it went down hill, like from the top of Mt Everest down hill), the characters, with the exception of a few were shallow and unimaginative.

Although, I do have to agree, Emmy Rossum and Jamie Chung would be good choices for their roles image wise, acting on the other hand, that will have to wait till the movie is actually made.

click to show spoiler

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

It's kind of hard to adequately review a movie no one's seen yet.

Though given that the anime is completely incomprehensible and uninteresting to the average human-being over 15... I would say it's reasonable to expect it to suck at least as hard as the original series.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I would hope that it will be a great movie, but I'm kinda skeptical about it. If done right it could be great if not(which seems more likly) then whatever another great anime turned into a movie and ruined. I'll just act like it didn't exist.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Newbie xbeyondxthexgravex is off to a good start xbeyondxthexgravex's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i to am skeptical i would love for it to own because i love the anime but i just dont think it will, it will be real hard to make the great high speed fighting even hapen with real people an it just seems like it will be a huge let down but lets hope that i am wrong. plus i think it will only be for fans any way i dont think people who know nothing of the anime well even see it.

sig by me

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Holy mother of God, you're not kidding...Jesus Christ, this was like my dream when I was 8, and now it's coming out, I feel like falling on my face laughing! This movie going to blow so many levels of ass, I can't wait to see it! Is it actually going to be in theatres, or is it an independent film that goes straight to the DVD selves? LOL!! This just made my day.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    Holy mother of God, you're not kidding...Jesus Christ, this was like my dream when I was 8, and now it's coming out, I feel like falling on my face laughing! This movie going to blow so many levels of ass, I can't wait to see it! Is it actually going to be in theatres, or is it an independent film that goes straight to the DVD selves? LOL!! This just made my day.
    More then likely it will go to dvd and bypass theaters. Either that or it'll be another Snakes on a Plane, and suck so hard that it'll actually be good and worth seeing.

Newbie Hazardous is off to a good start Hazardous's Avatar
    Thanks

I am big DBZ fan, I have been waiting for a real person movie for very long time. I am trying to be positive about this, but I think the movie is going to SUCK BIG TIME!!!! Most of the cast just wrong, either they don't have the looks or don't have the charismatic of the character. Why change the storyline, Goku in Highschool ??? I just don't think is going to work...

However, I am ready to be prove wrong

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast