+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Ddr!!

Otaku TheLastDarkAngel is off to a good start TheLastDarkAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ddr!!

is the ps2 version the same as the arcade version?

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

I love DDR! It's awsome and I was addicted for a pretty long time. Had some anime songs too (Excel Saga is funny to do XD). I'm heading out for expert level now. I'm between difficult and expert ^_^. I mostly play difficult levels, but there are some songs that I can do expert level on (Golden sky). Tiring, addictive, thirsty making, competitive and extremely fun !

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDarkAngel View Post
    is the ps2 version the same as the arcade version?
    For the most part. It really depends on which version you buy. DDR Max and DDR Max 2 are as close to DDR Extreme (arcade) you can get. The PS2 DDR Extreme is a lame knock off which failed miserably. DDR Supernova is a pretty close match to it's arcade counterpart as well, with a few added features; though I think it's lacking in a few areas (I think it's missing a couple/few songs).

Now the X-Box?? NEVER--and I mean NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER--buy an X-Box version of DDR. I was MAJORLY dissapointed when I bought DDR Ultramix 4 and found out that:

1.) You have to download most of the songs that are in the arcade and Max versions.

2.) Most of the songs that come as default music are American songs edited for DDR. Such as: 'Let's get retarded' by Black Eyed Peas (which I wasn't TOO sad about) and 'Rock Lobster' by the B52s. ROCK LOBSTER!!! WTF???

So, if you've got both consoles as I once had (sniff, RIP PS2), your best bet is to stick with any PS2 version you can get your hands on.

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that I'd be able to play DDR because its a little to fast for my feet and I can't dance at all. I'd have to get a home unit and practice here first because I wouldn't want to look like a complete idiot. Didn't Lindsay Lohan do a movie where she danced with one of those things?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenSpiral View Post
    I don't think that I'd be able to play DDR because its a little to fast for my feet and I can't dance at all. I'd have to get a home unit and practice here first because I wouldn't want to look like a complete idiot. Didn't Lindsay Lohan do a movie where she danced with one of those things?
    Nothing is too fast for your feet except the mind of the person controlling the feet. That's why you gotta start at the bottom of the ladder. You can't just expect to be great at something that takes practice. You'll catch on sooner or later. I'd recommend playing at home until you're confident in your abilities.

UPDATE: I went and played at a friend's house yesterday and brought my digital camera/camcorder with me. I've got a video of me playin' Tsugaru (heavy mode) that I'll be uploading when I get home from work tonight. Sadly, my friend didn't record the score, but I plan on makin' another vid to share with you all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6