+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Densha otoko (Train man)

Newbie Elessa is off to a good start
    Thanks

Densha otoko (Train man)

Has anyone seen the movie or the drama series? If you have seen either one what are your thoughts on it? Did you like one over the other? Is the drama series worthwhile watching?

Little info to those who haven't seen the movie or the serial:

Adapted from the best selling book "Train Man," this is the true life story of a geeky young man's romance with a beautiful young lady. The book is based on actual messages posted on a huge internet discussion board in Japan. A million internet users followed the Train Man's romance, giving him advices on how to impress the girl and take her out on dates. Train Man belongs in the so-called "Akiba-kei" category: a term that describes nerdy looking men who hang out at Akihabara (the famous electronics area in Tokyo) all day, who are obsessed with video games and computers.

-Wikidrama
    I have only seen the movie, this week actually. It was amusingly sweet. Even though there were moments where I found myself questioning the credibility of the skit, I thought the acting was really well done. The main characters put up a convincing performance, no less credit given to the side characters --- all of them were memorable. I hate to admit it, but I watched it again today, and I want to see it again. I don't know, something about it is quite genuinely charming. I went ahead and ordered the dvd. Don't laugh at me. >.<

This brings me to my final question --- do y'all believe this story is real or fake? Did this story really transpire in some online forum? Is this conversation recorded?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Densha otoko

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    Has anyone seen the movie or the drama series? If you have seen either one what are your thoughts on it? Did you like one over the other? Is the drama series worthwhile watching?

This brings me to my final question --- do y'all believe this story is real or fake? Did this story really transpire in some online forum? Is this conversation recorded?
    I can assure you that if you liked the movie, you will surely enjoy the drama as well. Got to say though, Nakatani-san beats Ito-san to the punch, both in her looks and acting. Her smile around 51:38-51:39 time scale (on the dvd) is heart-meltingly precious. Ah, moeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

It can be argued both ways if it's real or just merely fabricated by 2-chan users or others. Copy of the original thread: Trainman. Translation site: Project Densha - The 'Densha Otoko' Translation Project

+ Reply to Thread