+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dethalbum II: Brutal?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Dethalbum II: Brutal?

So, Dethalbum II is out, but the most brutal metal band in the world, Dethklok.

In case anyone doesn't know, Dethklok is the fictional band from the show Metalocolypse which is on Adult Swim. It's an animated comedy based on a death metal band, who have become so popular and rich they hold the very balance of the world in their hands. Which of course, they don't know...Or they don't care to know about, LOL. Which makes it great. All the episodes end with a song, and most of those end up in a full album version on the Dethalbums. All the songs are written by Brendon Small, who does the voice for several characters... But the music is credited to Dethklok.

I wanted to know if there are any other Dethklok fans out there... And if so, what you think of Dethalbum II.

I am in love with it... There are a few tracks that aren't as good as I thought they would be, but it's pretty brutal.

((I'd provide links but I can't at the moment... I'll add some when I am at a computer that isn't lame! I.E. Work computers))

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dethalbum II: Brutal?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    So, Dethalbum II is out, but the most brutal metal band in the world, Dethklok.

In case anyone doesn't know, Dethklok is the fictional band from the show Metalocolypse which is on Adult Swim. It's an animated comedy based on a death metal band, who have become so popular and rich they hold the very balance of the world in their hands. Which of course, they don't know...Or they don't care to know about, LOL. Which makes it great. All the episodes end with a song, and most of those end up in a full album version on the Dethalbums. All the songs are written by Brendon Small, who does the voice for several characters... But the music is credited to Dethklok.

I wanted to know if there are any other Dethklok fans out there... And if so, what you think of Dethalbum II.

I am in love with it... There are a few tracks that aren't as good as I thought they would be, but it's pretty brutal.

((I'd provide links but I can't at the moment... I'll add some when I am at a computer that isn't lame! I.E. Work computers))
    OH OH I LIKE DEATHKLOK!!

I really like the music and the show is funny as hell in a morbid sense. My favorit charactors are "Pickle's" the drummer who is probably the only semi intelegent one out of the band even when he is drunk right off his arse. Then my second favorit is Toki, simply because he just doesnt seam like he belongs, he's to nice and simple and speaks softly. I damn near fell out of my bed laughing in the one episode where they try to make an album "for fish only" at the bottom of the Meriones trench and they put him in this diving cyclender thing and he starts playing his gytar and singing "My fishy friends..."
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    OH OH I LIKE DEATHKLOK!!

I really like the music and the show is funny as hell in a morbid sense. My favorit charactors are "Pickle's" the drummer who is probably the only semi intelegent one out of the band even when he is drunk right off his arse. Then my second favorit is Toki, simply because he just doesnt seam like he belongs, he's to nice and simple and speaks softly. I damn near fell out of my bed laughing in the one episode where they try to make an album "for fish only" at the bottom of the Meriones trench and they put him in this diving cyclender thing and he starts playing his gytar and singing "My fishy friends..."

I love Pickles too... Pickles The Drummer Diddly Do Ding Dong Diddly Diddly Do. I think Skwisgaar is my favorite character out of the bunch - He's a total jerk all the time, especially to Toki. Ahhh the underwater album! HAHA! That episode features "Thunderhorse" and "Murmaider."

It's funny especially because of how silly the show is, and then the music rules! Dethalbum II especially is really heavy... And the music is a bit more complex, which I love. I have a few friends that don't like the second album, for some reason. *shrug*

I'm excited because I have a Dethklok "cover band"... We get dressed up and play as Dethklok, staying in character the whole time. It's a blast. (I'm Pickles lol!) Now we have new songs to learn.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yay for Dethklok!

I'm a big fan meself and haz ordered the album. Cheers!
    My favorite has to be Toki and Nathan. Both are pretty hilarious and my favorite episode has to be 'Deth Fashion'.

Another funny fact is that Mark Hamill and Malcom McDowell both do voices on there frequently.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Utena Tenjo View Post
    Yay for Dethklok!

I'm a big fan meself and haz ordered the album. Cheers!
    My favorite has to be Toki and Nathan. Both are pretty hilarious and my favorite episode has to be 'Deth Fashion'.

Another funny fact is that Mark Hamill and Malcom McDowell both do voices on there frequently.
    Perhaps I should have titled the thread Dethklok

'Deth Fashion' is so amazingly creepy and funny at the same time. "More special.... LEATHER..." XD

Mark Hamil does quite a few voices, which rules! Brendon Small (the creator/writer/guitarist) does the voices of Nathan, Pickles, and Skwisgaar too. lol!

+ Reply to Thread